• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways May 12th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, is that what would have happened? Thanks. I've been wondering if someone on the Internet could clear this mystery up for all of us since, you know, U's been going out of business for 20 years or more. Finally, someone willing to come forward with a "statement of fact" on the topic!

I guess you did not listen to the conference call as that may have helped you 'clear the mystery'. The CEO was pretty descriptive as to the situation out east before the merge. I believe he said either 'days from' or 'on the brink of liquidation' but I do not want to misquote; please go back and listen for yourself.

Being on the "Brink of liquidation" in BK II with under 20 spectacular widebodies and the bottom pilot with 18 years LOS was viewed as better career expectations than a solvent company with a posssible future cash short fall projected by the USCABIANS! Sort of like your house in a 4 alarm fire and a book of matches on the table in the other house. East pilots are so out of finanical touch it's so funny.

The CEO was pretty descriptive as to the situation out east before the merge. I believe he said either 'days from' or 'on the brink of liquidation'...

So why buy a company that was in that kind of shape? It makes no sense business wise.

"Captain, that would be highly illogical.", I believe is the expression.

cheaper to buy the turd than get into bidding for dingleberries. AWA was looking to expand and this was the cheapest way.

So why buy a company that was in that kind of shape? It makes no sense business wise.

"Captain, that would be highly illogical.", I believe is the expression.

It make a lot of sense, for the same reason you would go to a foreclosure auction, you might get something cheap.

Does anyone post here except westies that want to bitch?

I would like to see an opposing point of view some time, some healthy debate.

Instead it is 99.9% westies acting like their life is not worth living.

Weasel. Please read my past posts if you have nothing else to do or take me at my word here. I am a Westie and almost never bitch. My life is very worth living. I know other posters in this forum who are also very positive people and rarely bitch. That being the case, if someone was trying to shove a turd sandwich down your piehole you would probably try to talk them out of it. Your argument may not seem rational to someone who would willingly shove a turd sandwich down your throat, but you would make it anyway. Complaining about the turd sandwich would certainly sound like whining to the person who is feeding you and he/she would probably criticize you for doing so. See you in Chicago!

The old folks out East haven't yet figured out the information super-highway. They're still waiting for their empire seniority number from 28 years ago.

Last edited:
The old folks out East haven't yet figured out the information super-highway. They're still waiting for their empire seniority number from 28 years ago.
Apparantly date of hire for a Navaho is different than date of hire for a Bac. They need to work on clarification, once that happens they will then need to send the clarification out for membership ratification. After they get management to agree with it, that is.

Well actually, that might need to wait. First they have to help quickdraw McGraw and the guys who got stuck in the mud.

With limited resources, prioritization is key.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back