• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways May 12th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been retired for a few years now but I would be absolutely certain the guys I flew with on the 330 had more taxi time the most of the Westies have total time.

Were those the same guys who ditched airplanes in the east river while AWA never killed a passenger?

Captain Bud,

When you, Wilbur, and Orville were in class together did you establish seniority by total hours or by age? In this century they do it by age as they figure that the hours a pilot brought to the table qualified them for their job and, thus, a position on the seniority list. Beyond that point I really do not think logbooks matter a whole heck of a lot.

I was going to also write something smart-ass back about recommending this retired guy "Capt. Bud", go out and get a hobby before his wife cashes in on his life insurance policy, but I think your response was better written. More subtle and clever. Cheers.

I've been retired for a few years now but I would be absolutely certain the guys I flew with on the 330 had more taxi time the most of the Westies have total time.

i'm not quite so subtle...

It's not a great point of pride to thump your chest at being a retired 330 capt. All it means to me is that you were in a position to influence your union into not selling out young pilots - but chose not to. You got yours- are you proud of your pension now that the union's been broken industry-wide and all your "look out for me-myself-and I" version of unionism actually came back to bite you too?

All it means to me is that you were never bad enough to get fired- and that just like a lot of things- you're leaving my generation a whole lot of problems that if you weren't so selfish, you should have seen coming- and you SHOULD have cared about... but didn't.

Seniority- and the FACT that you only accrue it at your company alone- was the biggest problem you chose to ignore- but then again- as a 330 captain- you were one of the winners in that game now weren't you? Now that that policy has affected a lot of your peers- it's a problem you want to chime in on? You'd all have a lot more credibility if you'd have ever took one productive step towards solving the issue before it so negatively affected you.

Were those the same guys who ditched airplanes in the east river while AWA never killed a passenger?

It doesn't sound like you are too familiar with the findings of that accident, sir. Perhaps a little more research is in order before insinuating that it was a flight crew fowl up. Check into who was riding on the jumpseat and where they put their foot, unoticed, just before takeoff.

Capt. Bud;
How impressive is that!! That 330 taxi time and $2.38 will buy you a Venti coffee at Starbucks. Integrety Matters. Final and Binding is Final and Binding. :laugh:

Sick, but not tired.......:smash:

While I agree that hours in the logbook don't count for much at this level, your response can only be considered to be in the absolute poorest of taste. Not to mention it is terrible karma... It must be nice having never made a mistake in an airplane. Tell me what that is like, oh exulted Air God. It is good to be proud of your company's safety record, but it does not give you the right to besmirch the efforts and reputations of thousands of individual pilots who have carried millions in safety for years.

In summary, you pretty much look like a childish idiot throwing around garbage like that (CaptBud ain't a whole lot better). It is like a 6th grade playground throwdown. Why don't you and CaptBud go compare d1ck sizes on some other board?

To bad "Capt. Bud" was unable to keep on logging time when age 65 happen after his 60th B-day. If you think total time(After about 5K) is indicitive of skill, you truly are a hayseed from the East!

Quality not quantity moron. Are these the same bonehead senior captains you have to baby sit every time they get an approach that isn't vectors to an ILS without an altitude given by ATC. From what I've seen 60 is too old for most.

Not to interrupt yet another east vs west thread hijack, but word on the street is that there will be a June class but it will be Piedmont/PSA only.

...It is like a 6th grade playground throwdown...

Welcome to the playground. This is nothing...just wait until you get out on the line (assuming you're one of the new hires that used this thread before it got hijacked). Although you didn't ask, my recommendation is don't take sides. When monkeys start throwing feces at each other in the zoo, picking a side only ensures you'll be wearing it as well.

Good luck to all of you.

Latest resources

Back