• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Management and America West Pilots to Open Separate Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trying to convert everyone to your misery? One poster at a time.... At least a Jetstream 32 did it 19 people at a time....

....no that title belongs to you...

I'm not miserable....things are going just about as predicted...It is some of you ALPA cheerleaders that seem like your about to blow a gasket over things....

Here's a little joke to perhaps lighten this thread up a bit.

Do you know what a USAPA pilot likes to F' more than the hottest, sexiest, most adventurous, chick on the planet???

Another pilot!!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....no that title belongs to you...

I'm not miserable....things are going just about as predicted...It is some of you ALPA cheerleaders that seem like your about to blow a gasket over things....

And you like how things are going as predicted?

It's pretty obvious to most people in this industry that the USAPA supporters are involved in "scab like activity".

Not really...they have a disagreement with their union...and they have had enough.

Now they want different representation...

...and no one has crossed a picket line...

Nope, they are just trying to screw over the AWA pilots. Plain and simple. Has nothing to do with ALPA.

In fact all the pilots that have legitimate beefs with ALPA should be po'd at usapa for degrading their legitimacy.

When I had my disagreement with ALPA did I decide to take revenge on an entire pilot group? No.

USAPA and perspective. Like oil and water.

Those mid-80's hires at AAA didn't have to fly RJ's in our scoped out world. Many AAA pilots were hired in 1986 at a very young age (mid-20's) flying Fokkers around- Then chose to sell out the next generation by releasing scope. Many of those 2003 hires were flying pretty big jets on mainline routes w/ mainline passengers for years before getting an opportunity at AWA. Noone looked out for their seniority and you want the West to think that your seniority is SO valuable? The only difference is that you lived in a world where your Fokker flying wasn't contracted out to a sh!tty commuter airline. Seniority is a VERY fluid thing in this screwed up world we created. But the solution is a national list- not further division.

Last edited:
Those mid-80's hires at AAA didn't have to fly RJ's in our scoped out world. Many AAA pilots were hired in 1986 at a very young age (mid-20's) flying Fokkers around- Then chose to sell out the next generation by releasing scope. Many of those 2003 hires were flying pretty big jets on mainline routes w/ mainline passengers for years before getting an opportunity at AWA. Noone looked out for their seniority and you want the West to think that your seniority is SO valuable? The only difference is that you lived in a world where your Fokker flying wasn't contracted out to a sh!tty commuter airline. Seniority is a VERY fluid thing in this screwed up world we created. But the solution is a national list- not further division.

History check.....actually the AAA pilots were the last to give up RJ scope....But that only hurt them in the long run as other carriers (especially DAL) had the RJs to attack AAA turpoprops and one third full mainline planes.....

Latest resources

Back