• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Management and America West Pilots to Open Separate Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So a minority is calling the majority scabs? How much longer has East paid ALPA union dues than West?

There is a lot of propaganda in this forum.

So a minority is calling the majority scabs? How much longer has East paid ALPA union dues than West?

There is a lot of propaganda in this forum.

...and-d-d-d-d...didn't the original AWA get started with scabs?

Didn't the management at AWA actually encourage some AWA pilots to scab at Ansett?

don't they still have those scabs on the seniority list?

In addition, while the "Dump ALPA" campaign was going on at AWA a few years ago, didn't they bring in a CAL scab to tell them to stay with ALPA? And they decided to listen to the CAL scab.

....when the America West pilots were threatening to leave ALPA....Duane Woerth brought a scab with him to PHX to try and talk the America West pilots out of leaving ALPA.....There is so much irony here...where to begin......
Captain Woerth didn't bring some random SCAB, he brought the CAL MEC Chairman. It was the CAL pilots and their MEC that made the mistake of electing a SCAB to that office, not Duane. He brought the CAL Master-Chairman to talk to them because the IACP had recently merged back into ALPA for the precise reason that their independent union was completely ineffective compared to ALPA. Despite being a SCAB, he had good insights into the differences between ALPA and non-ALPA. Personally, I think Duane should have brought someone else from CAL, but he wanted the head of the MEC.

...and no one has crossed a picket line...
You need to pick up the nearest dictionary and read the definition of "scab." Hint: you don't have to cross a picket line to be a scab.

Here's an innocent question for ya; why are the US Air pilots referred to as "AAA" pilots? I never have understood that one...

All American Airways was the predecessor to USAir way back when. The ALPA Council was named AAA back then, and it's never changed, so people still say AAA.

We are blessed to have a true know-it-all on this forum.

There is nothing PCL doesn't know everything about.

Or so he would have you belive.

And more lovely insight from the cowardly and ignorant jackass406. Ready to admit you work for GoJet or Skybus yet?

Hear...Hear !!! The use of the word "scab" has lately been associated with those who have nothing more than a different point of view concerning representation.

As far as refusing jumpseats....I have heard absolutely nothing from my union ( not ALPA) and...even my ALPA buds at UAL, DAL, NWA, CAL and other airlines haven't heard anything from their union reps on this...

As for the use of the word "scab"....there has been no picket line crossed to perform struck work...the word "scab" doesn't apply here...

Are you paying attention Mr. 'B" ?

Here's a little joke to perhaps lighten this thread up a bit.

Do you know what a USAPA pilot likes to F' more than the hottest, sexiest, most adventurous, chick on the planet???

Another pilot!!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The reality of the whole thing is that the East and West pilots are just f~ing one another.....

This is the time where we should all be working out our list of demands for a new contract!

Management will soon be F~ing both pilots groups as they play us against one another!

Latest resources

Back