• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways IVR Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang reputation! Follows you wherever you go.

Why didn't Bradford warn you guys that someday you might want your opinion considered? All he said was that DOH was everything.

Which ironically is what LAA is telling you.

Wow. This is the ONE issue East and West can agree on. In fact it almost seems as East and West are joining forces on this issue to help its cause. Then you have to go and turn it into an East vs. West thing. Wow.

Project Wingman, dude. Seriously. Get help.

At some level there will be an east-west "thing" until the last East Pilot who helped birth USAPA retires. That's something else Bradford and Cleary forgot to tell you. The east pilots have no concept of the damage to west pilot's careers that they caused through USAPA. If you had even a shred of a conscience or integrity or shame, you would understand the west animosity.

Time will cover it up, but a simple one-on-one apology to the face of a west pilot for either your direct involvement or your tacit approval through doing nothing to stop it, would probably be the most effective way to truly reconcile this group. It won't replace the money or the marriages or the loss of time with family that was brought on by USAPA's lawsuits and stagnation of career progression, but it could be a start and is worth a try.

At some level there will be an east-west "thing" until the last East Pilot who helped birth USAPA retires. That's something else Bradford and Cleary forgot to tell you. The east pilots have no concept of the damage to west pilot's careers that they caused through USAPA. If you had even a shred of a conscience or integrity or shame, you would understand the west animosity.

Time will cover it up, but a simple one-on-one apology to the face of a west pilot for either your direct involvement or your tacit approval through doing nothing to stop it, would probably be the most effective way to truly reconcile this group. It won't replace the money or the marriages or the loss of time with family that was brought on by USAPA's lawsuits and stagnation of career progression, but it could be a start and is worth a try.

What in the name of all thats f***ing holy does that have to do with the jumpseat system?

But I get it. Because of something that happened 6 years before I was ever on property, I need to walk up to every single West pilot with the "I Have $700 to Spare" tie on and say "I'm sorry for something that I had nothing to do with and I have no forum or way to give my approval or disapproval for."? I was wrong. You're beyond the scope of Project Wingman. You need serious help.

I suppose you would be one of the very few who had no vote up until APA took over. If that's the case, then I guess you're neither part of the problem nor part of the solution. So my recommendations go to the rest of your co-workers, the overwhelming majority of the east pilots, who chose to undermine the unity thy so desperately seek on this and other issues going forward.

You can at least encourage them to finally give unity a try, can't you?

I suppose you would be one of the very few who had no vote up until APA took over. If that's the case, then I guess you're neither part of the problem nor part of the solution. So my recommendations go to the rest of your co-workers, the overwhelming majority of the east pilots, who chose to undermine the unity thy so desperately seek on this and other issues going forward.

You can at least encourage them to finally give unity a try, can't you?

Can you do us a favor and post your monthly schedule on here?

That way, I can know what flights I need to approach groveling for your forgiveness.

Also, it'll allow me to know what flights not get on. I don't think I'd want my family flying with anyone this unstable.

2 birds...1 stone.

You could quit, if that's more convenient for you (one bird one stone).

You chose to come here knowing the effects of the east's civil war.

Who's the crazy one again? ;)

You could quit, if that's more convenient for you (one bird one stone).

You chose to come here knowing the effects of the east's civil war.

Do you know how many East guys rant and rave on a daily basis about the East/West crap in the cockpit?

None. I never see it. It never gets brought up. We can have conversations like adults. But then again, I'm on a widebody (with 2 years of seniority).

Every time I ride with a West crew, it gets constantly brought up. That's all they can talk about.

Who's the crazy one again? ;)

Still you.

Latest resources

Back