US Airways IVR Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Guppiedriver

I saw this on another forum. We need every eastie, westie, and nAAtive to send a SOUNDOFF! Re-post this on as many airline forums as possible.

The APA board has taken an immediate interest in the future AA jumpseat program after not addressing it for many months. They are primarily weighing our current system at LAA (seniority) versus IVR (first come first served). This issue will surely be discussed and potentially finalized by or at the next BOD meeting. I am a proponent of the FCFS system that is in place at LUS and envision this system as the best system for ALL AA pilots; equally. Believe it or not, the APA board is influenced by your soundoffs and emails. Please take action to help keep an industry leading jumpseat program, and forward to your fellow pilots so they can do the same.
Send soundoffs or emails (or both) to every APA BOD member!
TALKING POINTS FOR LETTER/SOUNDOFF:
1. A first come, first served (FCFS) jumpseat program is now industry standard. It is in place at Alaska, Delta, Southwest, US Airways, and United to name a few.
We at the new AA would be rolling in line with our industry peers.
2. IVR is user friendly
3. The current IVR system in place at LUS is hailed as an industry best by other other union pilots at virtually every carrier.
4. FCFS/IVR provides ultimate transparency for ALL users. You can see what?s going on up to a week out. (examples: you could see if the jumpseat is blocked for new hire observations (4 reqd) or dispatcher ?route checks? (2 annually) both of which outrank you
unless you are an ?A? priority. Prevents internal last minute surprises.
5. IVR is a known for company IT department. This would allow for a relative ease of implementation, and a cost savings to the company.
6. IVR/FCFS allows you to plan further out?.or if not, what your best options are.
7. IVR would serve ALL pilots of the New AA best.
Be honest and genuine about your personal experiences with the system. PLEASE KEEP IT POSITIVE. You have the ability to affect change and help institute an industry leading program to benefit ALL the pilots of the New American Airlines.
HOW TO:
SOUNDOFF - Accessed from the APA members home page, right hand side, lower middle, under resources, fourth one down.
BOD email addresses. Copy and paste all addresses to your email.
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
We, all of us New AA?ers have a chance to get a jumpseat program that works well for each and every one of us. This issue will be going before the APA board very soon. We have an opportunity to let them know how we feel on this issue and help direct a better outcome for all. The C&R regulars will be quite vocal in their opposition to change. If we are silent, they will prevail with their influence the BOD. We can keep the industry leading jumpseat program that is in place at US Airways or the current AA jumpseat system; it?s up to you. We need to be vocal and rational in our presentation, not on C&R, but to our elected union representatives. You can help insure all AA pilots benefit from the LUS industry leading jumpseat program.
ACT NOW, spread the word, and Thanks.

Admittedly, I was very skeptical about the Jumpseat reservation system because it was an East thing. Having used it a few times (as a non-commuter), I'm sold on its value and hope we find a way to share it with the AA pilots without them automatically saying, "I don't understand it but I already hate it."

No dog in this fight, but I will say this:

1.) As a commuter I appreciate the first come first serve system at DAL - major QOL improvement knowing you've got a JS booked.

2.) I don't think the current AA system could be a bigger pain in the bottom for OAL pilots - meal listing!? C'mon, time to get out of 1982.

I think the east complained about it initially because they would have had to buy touch-tone phones.

Just think of how many other things could have been improved with a little unity...

I couldn't imagine driving to the airport, going through the shuttle bus, TSA, and walking to the gate to find out what I could've know 4 days prior. Not to mention that if you lived near a couple airports, you could've taken the other but you can't now because you've already overcommitted on option 1.:nuts:

That's unfortunate. I think Alaska is seniority based too. You guys need to join us in the 21st century....it's awesome!

Tell me about it!! Hard pill to swallow when you loose the JS to someone hired almost 8 years after you..........and no, I wasn't furloughed.

Latest resources

Back