• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know if USAir requires resignation if you are furloughed from another carrier?

Don't know since USAir went away in 2005. But the new company formed 7 years ago called "US Airways", yes they will require you to sign a resignation letter.

Sorry, pet peave of mine.. ;)

Don't know since USAir went away in 2005. But the new company formed 7 years ago called "US Airways", yes they will require you to sign a resignation letter.

Tell the management. Still signs, wheelchairs, galley carts, bag carts, etc with USAir on them.

Check your FACTS JM the USAir name went away when Stephen Wolf took over in the mid 90's. The new US Airways name brand was accompanied by the Blue top livery.

If someone were hired in the near term (i.e., next few months), what is the likely fleet type offered? A320/319? E190? 737-400? What fleet has the highest likelihood based on recent hiring or needed staffing?

Also, would newhires start on the East or the West side?

If someone were hired in the near term (i.e., next few months), what is the likely fleet type offered? A320/319? E190? 737-400? What fleet has the highest likelihood based on recent hiring or needed staffing?

I think you would have a 50/50 chance between the 190 and the Airbus. New-hires have been going into both. I doubt you will see the 737 here anymore. They are going away and the pilots left on there want to be there. They will eventually be forced off, as was shown in the last bid...

All new-hires are going to the East right now. The West operation still has pilots furloughed, so they would all have to come back to the West before new-hires could be awarded those positions...

determined by age, right? thx

Latest resources

Back