US Airways Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mad Dog 80

A couple of guys have been receiving email about updating there application. Is the pilot window about to open?

A couple of guys have been receiving email about updating there application. Is the pilot window about to open?

Yes, there are 40 openings for new hires on bid 12-03 for September.

We were also told at our last Check Airmen meeting that we are going to hire 350 in 2013 starting in January.

You better get in quick so you can get on the bottom of the AA seniority list!
icon30.gif

Thanks for the good info Little Deuce. Will continue to check the US Airways website. Any idea when the job will be posted on the US Airways website?

We were also told at our last Check Airmen meeting that we are going to hire 350 in 2013 starting in January.

icon30.gif

Would that be a bad thing for a new hire to get on the bottom of aa's seniority list ? What's the difference?

What's the trick to getting a call from them, What are they looking for? This will be the 4th time I've applied with them.

icon30.gif
What about the possibility of age 67.5? Is that even a thought or consideration? If it happens, will that affect the number? I won't even ask about the east/west breakdown of that number.

What about the possibility of age 67.5? Is that even a thought or consideration? If it happens, will that affect the number? I won't even ask about the east/west breakdown of that number.

That is not a consideration at all. It's just talk at this point. US Airways is going to loose 25% of the pilots in the next 5 years so they are starting to get out in front of that.

Also, the bid is increasing staffing on the A-330s

It's not a consideration. It's not happening! It is a pipe dream being talked about by a few guys who are coming up on age 65 and are trying to spread it as a rumor. They are the ONLY ones talking about it, to change the age would literally require an act of congress.

What's the trick to getting a call from them, What are they looking for? This will be the 4th time I've applied with them.

Based on the people I have talked to in the last couple classes; Be a checkairmen at your current airline, be female, or have a parent who has a very good seniority number there already.

Latest resources

Back