• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone know if anybody's getting hired without 121 PIC?

Hiring will continue despite age 65.

Source?

And, while you're at it, can you estimate how much longer the hiring will be happening?

For what it's worth, I think you're wrong. The company will be looking to furlough sometime next year after the next merger.

Source?

And, while you're at it, can you estimate how much longer the hiring will be happening?

For what it's worth, I think you're wrong. The company will be looking to furlough sometime next year after the next merger.

EB's hotline said the company anticipated hiring well into 2008, and that was after he gave the news about age 65. One thing we all know by now, though, is that who knows what the future will bring.

Source?

Someone in the know down there in CLT.

12 interviews a week, till the 350 slots are filled.

I would not worry about a furlough, unless a joint CBA ever happens...

Last edited:
Someone in the know down there in CLT.

12 interviews a week, till the 350 slots are filled.

I would not worry about a furlough, unless a joint CBA ever happens...

Nice use of FUD idiot, but if you were to do some research you would find that a joint CBA would require the hiring of more pilots. The west has better work rules and more vacation. But alas, no one can reason with the east. Vote in usapa and good luck in the next merger. I'm sure ALPA will love making sure the east guys get all that they deserve. Karma.......it's a b*#ch.

There will be furloughs, but it will be due to the age 60 change and the excess capacity that occurs with EVERY merger. Doug won't keep 500 extra pilots for the next 4 years with virtually no attrition. So all us junior pilots get to be unemployed so grandpa can keep his standard of living for 5 more years. Thanks guys. Let the class warfare and fights in the cockpit begin.

PS. While you spread your FUD make sure you tell the newhires how they will be protected by the pickleballers when they are merged with an ALPA carrier twice their size. You and every east captain will be screaming for relative seniority when UAL staples all of us to the bottom. Remember TWA?

Last edited:
Such a pleasant group at Airways. I just has one confront me and remind me that my ALPA lanyard was not popular in Charlotte.

I was impressed to see so much maturity from a 55 year old.

Latest resources

Back