• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Hiring! It's on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What??? The east has never borrowed money from Mesa! Get your facts straight.
I'm sorry son, let me slow this down a little for you. The pink Taco was implying that AWA was part-owned by Mesa. By extension, if AWA was indebted to Mesa, then USAir was saved by money that must be traced back to Mesa.

Thank a punk with spiky hair for saving your job. Maybe he'll walk a resume' in for you after Cleary finishes his plan of destruction.

Great, now start sending out some resume's so you will be that top of the pile when Cleary finishes his plan of destruction. He will salt the earth after being forced to swallow a big spoonful of Nic. Probably throw the junior guys under the bus since the west guys weren't as easy as he thought they'd be.

Congratulations, Jolly. Welcome to the jungle, sans ALPA (Ha! I love the fact that I don't pay dues to ALPA anymore, and I like it that Rez and PCL hate me for it. They are so pretending that they aren't jealous.:D)

Pardon me! Congratulations again, its something to be proud of and with the 65 gummers stacking up at the exit, hopefully you will have a line soon enough!

Yeah, Jolly USAPA's great. They don't waste our time with things like votes and stuff like that. We get to stand by and watch as a egomaniacal ruler is fueled by the apathy of the pilots (sheep) and creates a little kingdom of corruption funded by...

YOU! (Psst, that's why Turtle's glad you're here - Dues Checkoff!)

Run while you still can. Get a job flying a Baron someplace and wait for Delta to call.

If this is better than Mesa I would have to say it isn't better by very much. But then I guess most people can rationalize just about anything.:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR :cool:

Rationalize is to apologize: defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning. What are you accusing me of rationalizing- my decision to leave Mesa and work for US Airways? Perhaps you are attempting to lay the blame for the complete train wreck of East/West relations at the feet of a guy who was hired two years after the merger.

You are entitled to your opinion and apparently you have worked at Mesa and US Airways like I have. You say that it isn't much better. I say it is like night and day.

Every pilot at USairways has a say in this mess from new hire to #1 on the list. There are no fence sitters, your silence equals support for the status qou if you stick your head in the sand! Make a decision and stand by it if you feel it is your right, but the courts(probably BK) will decide the outcome and you will be known as that sides supporter till you retire.

Every pilot at USairways has a say in this mess from new hire to #1 on the list.
There are 1500+ pilots at the largest base in the airline who are marginalized and systematically excluded from participating in the direction of USAPA at the BPR level by a "union" that extorts dues from those members by hiding behind the Agency Shop provisions of their ALPA negotiated contracts.

There are 2500+ pilots who are either too gripped with fear what a totally new union beyond USAPA might look like, or are too angry about their own decisions while ALPA members and how they mismanaged the opportunities it provided, that they cannot take the vital action to begin a card drive to replace USAPA, even though they know it will only take around 500 of them, when partnered to the west, to effect the change that will provide greater pay, benefits and unity that USAPA's salted earth strategy ever will.

So while all have a say, apparently only a handful have influence. That must change!

The largest and most profitable base is Charlotte.

There are 3500 East pilots so 500 is nowhere near enough.

There are not 1500 pilots in CLT or PHL or DCA. PHX is the largest pilot base. USAPA was well aware of this when they rigged the representation distribution to circumvent this fact.

If there are 4000 eligible voters and 1500 of them are west pilots, then they need only 501 east pilots to send USAPA packing. I hope their new offices are on a short term lease.

Latest resources

Back