US Airways Hiring! It's on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jollyroger4

Ok, can't believe this hasn't been on yet but calls started Monday to get the "poolies" to come down to CLT for a get-together. I know it's a mess right now but I'm Goin! 5-10 years from now I think I'll be sittin pretty good. No matter what airline you work for, even swa, there are guys that think things suck and they do. But I'm betting on the retirements to improve some things for the next generation of airline pilots. Don't get me wrong, my kids will not be getting encouragement from me to enter the industry.

Sure things suck everywhere for some people. but why would anyone sign up for a civil war that will never benefit them? Why would you want to join up with two groups who adamantly hate each other enough to spend millions of dollars in court and spew internet venom and who will eventually have to fly together? There will be plenty of airline jobs coming up where you actually have a hope of enjoying some of the comraderie that should be part of our profession. But not at USAir.

Looks like he said the poolies are being called, not off the street hiring.

Soooooo...if you get hired. Do you get to pick sides or is it like elementary school kickball?
Seriously, good for them & good luck.:laugh:

I would like to think that as a new hire, you are neutral in the Civil War. Just Keep your mouth shut, nod and smile when your CA brings it up, and hopefully you will be just fine. Who knows...

So let's see.
Go to work for CHQ east or Walmart greeter.
At least you won't be furlough fodder at Walmart, and you'll be paid better.

Don't see pilot as an available job on the website. Am I missing something?

Yes! I saw the ad today. Here it is....

USAirways, a Part 121 carrier run by a drunk, seeking desperate pilots. Ideal candidates should possess low self-esteem, and should be able to easily delude themselves into thinking that USAirways:
- has a bright future
- is a real airline, and not a regional airline with big jets
- is a fun place to work
- will be a better employer than the crappy regional you currently work for

Additionally, candidate must be able to convince interview panel that he/she wants to fly for USAirways for their entire career without cracking a smile or bursting into laughter. Candidate must enjoy flying drunken trailer-trash out of PHX and LAS hubs on a regular basis. Multiple FAR violations on your record a plus, as it will ensure you are not employable at other carriers and leave us within a year. Any candidates which are FFDO's must demonstrate their cockpit shooting skills.

Apply in person with Doug Parker at any of the bars on Mill Ave.

Hahahahahahah^^^^
Well said. I guess that no matter how bad it gets they will always have people beating down their collective doors. I wish the best for everyone involved but go into this "Get-together" with eyes wide open:eek:

Latest resources

Back