• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Hiring! It's on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, which contract would a new hire fly under?

GP
A new hire would fly under the contract of the "side" he is assigned. Right now I would expect all new hires to go East, more than likely to the 190. I would imagine that soon some new hires will get the 737 or 320 as happened in 2008. The West currently still has some guys furloughed, all of which have been offered a recall to the East. Any open spot on the West will go to the furloughs first.

How many days off on RSV? Are the 190 lines commutable?
Min days off on RSV is 11, 12 for a line holder. I don't know where you are commuting from but for me commuting from NC most of the trips are commutable. The 190 base in CLT closed, so now the only 190 base is PHL. Besides Airways and SouthWest, UPS also has a good number of flights into and out of PHL. I was never a line holder, but I understand that it is very easy to trade trips at Airways. Many line holders with uncommutable trips will drop them and pick up something else - same with CDOs, which is what I always got while on reserve.

Good Luck

Still no joy on the website for new hires. All new hires will go East. There are still furloghed pilots holding out for PHX. If you were a West pilot would you go work out East? All of my contacts thought that the website would be accepting resumes by now. Interviews were supposed to be in late Jan for Feb classes. I can't really get a stright answer from anyone. I have a contact on the hiring board and even she dosen't know when the window will open.

Still no joy on the website for new hires. All new hires will go East. There are still furloghed pilots holding out for PHX. If you were a West pilot would you go work out East? All of my contacts thought that the website would be accepting resumes by now. Interviews were supposed to be in late Jan for Feb classes. I can't really get a stright answer from anyone. I have a contact on the hiring board and even she dosen't know when the window will open.

Actually there are about 20 that did go out east. Many of them needed the insurance coverage, and/or they lived out east so it made sense. The think that chaps my butt is while they get longevity of wage, they are place BELOW the third list employees as instructed by USAPA. The company must comply. While this may make sense to some, those AWA pilots had jobs when the merger took place. Whether you used the Nicolau Award OR Date-of-Hire, those AWA would be senior to all of the third list pilots. USAPA......the union that just keeps giving.

They are still estimating new hire recruitment on the east in the 190 fleet. When openings occur in the rest of the fleet (east & west), is when the remaining furloughed pilots will return (that want to). I don't think it will be much longer before the open up the application window, IMHO.

Welcome aboard!

they are place BELOW the third list employees as instructed by USAPA. The company must comply. While this may make sense to some, those AWA pilots had jobs when the merger took place. Whether you used the Nicolau Award OR Date-of-Hire, those AWA would be senior to all of the third list pilots. USAPA......the union that just keeps giving.

Yes I know. If an East pilot goes West he will be placed at the bottom of the West list as well. That just ain't right but IF they hire me my postion on the list will always be clear.

Crew Scheduling: You are junior assigned.
Me: Are you sure I am the most junior?
Crew Scheduling: Buuuwwwaaaaaaaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!

Dead last!

Min days off on RSV is 11, 12 for a line holder. I don't know where you are commuting from but for me commuting from NC most of the trips are commutable. The 190 base in CLT closed, so now the only 190 base is PHL. Besides Airways and SouthWest, UPS also has a good number of flights into and out of PHL. I was never a line holder, but I understand that it is very easy to trade trips at Airways. Many line holders with uncommutable trips will drop them and pick up something else - same with CDOs, which is what I always got while on reserve.

Good Luck

Thanks

Yes I know. If an East pilot goes West he will be placed at the bottom of the West list as well. That just ain't right but IF they hire me my postion on the list will always be clear.

Crew Scheduling: You are junior assigned.
Me: Are you sure I am the most junior?
Crew Scheduling: Buuuwwwaaaaaaaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!

Dead last!

In your example, said East pilot (if not a third list pilot) would have THREE different positions (if employed in PHX) on THREE different lists (AAA, NICOLAU & AWA). My example the West pilot has the SAME position in the East (ahead of the third list pilots) whether using the Nicolau Award or Date-of-Hire, but is FORCED to in a position below those list pilots until the either list is established. It makes no logical sense what so ever, and is another reason why USAPA only helps those pilots that vaunt its DOH philosophy and eschew the Nicolau Award.

Latest resources

Back