• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Hiring! It's on!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are not 1500 pilots in CLT or PHL or DCA. PHX is the largest pilot base. USAPA was well aware of this when they rigged the representation distribution to circumvent this fact.

If there are 4000 eligible voters and 1500 of them are west pilots, then they need only 501 east pilots to send USAPA packing. I hope their new offices are on a short term lease.

While it would take at minimum a rewrite of USAPA's constitution to eliminate the bias that is inherent in its creation and the adopting of *fair and reasonable* representation of West membership added throughout the organization...I would *consider* keeping USAPA. Also, I would insisted the it's headquarters be moved to Arizona because THAT'S WHERE THE COMPANY HEADQUARTERS IS! Also, it's the largest pilot base so...yeah, having it in Charlotte makes it pretty clear who it currently represents.

Edit: Since those things won't ever happen, I suspect most West pilots (and a growing number of enlightened East pilots) will keep fighting until USAPA is history.

Last edited:
Rationalize is to apologize: defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning. What are you accusing me of rationalizing- my decision to leave Mesa and work for US Airways? Perhaps you are attempting to lay the blame for the complete train wreck of East/West relations at the feet of a guy who was hired two years after the merger.

You are entitled to your opinion and apparently you have worked at Mesa and US Airways like I have. You say that it isn't much better. I say it is like night and day.

...uh-huh; I thought the same thing back in the day until I started comparing notes with my commuter buds who got hired elsewhere. Then the reality of my situation set in when I realized the gains that I thought I had made by leaving the commuter where very close to non-existent when compared to the gains my friends made who went elsewhere.

PHXFLYR:cool:

If it was just that USAirways was the lowest paid major airline, that wouldn't be as bad as facing the fact that a union has cemented itself in place to perpetuate that condition and charging it's pilots 2.5% for that priviledge.

Glad you are in favor of democracy.
USAPA should be a republic, but then they would have to actually represent folks, not simply extort money to finance their failed experiment.

Maybe a few in the east will wake up and send USAPA packing and vote in a new union that will actually accomplish more than just embarassing and suing it's members.

That's what I'd be in favor of. How about you?

Latest resources

Back