• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways' go-it-alone approach paying off

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHAOS?? Haven't heard a thing about it....but then I'm not plugged into the direct line of whatever goes on over here.

Unfortunately your opinion of the name changing and such, doesn't mesh with the courts or simple contract law it seems. I guess you can argue up through the SC, but it may just be to no avail.

so your a '99 hire that is licking his chops at moving into the area of a '84 hire on the east side. guess your missing that left seat that the lottery ticket said you deserve?

3 Questions for you -

- What year were you hired?

- Were you an active pilot at the time of the merger?

- What seat do you think you deserve?

Guess you are missing your lottery ticket - I see how it goes.....

:laugh:

Last edited:
Vette is a '58 vette, been sitting up at my father in laws property, He sorta "forgot about it" Kinda rough shape, but looks like it might be salvagable....

Answers..

1. '99 - so Sr, to quite a few AWA f/o's

2. Yup

3. What seat do I deserve??? Deserve Capt, when MY DOH allows such. Currently I'd say f/o.

Didn't get a lottery ticket, simply believe that those on the east side should be able to capture the attrition from the east side. I don't believe those on the west should jump ahead and grab onto the back of that train that's about to happen. As to the argument that the west saved east, blah blah, east didn't have the money. Guess what. The east didn't go away, so it's a non starter, what happened is what happened and here we are.

Vette is a '58 vette, been sitting up at my father in laws property, He sorta "forgot about it" Kinda rough shape, but looks like it might be salvagable....

Cool! There are several places that sell OEM hardward for all years (for restoration).

I picked up a 1976 (C3 body) a month and a half ago. 83,000 miles. Body is an 8 or so, Interior 8+, Engine & Tranny @ 7+. Lots of little things to fix up. If you want the web sites for the OEM sites, let me know.

Answers..

1. '99 - so Sr, to quite a few AWA f/o's

2. Yup

3. What seat do I deserve??? Deserve Capt, when MY DOH allows such. Currently I'd say f/o.

Didn't get a lottery ticket, simply believe that those on the east side should be able to capture the attrition from the east side. I don't believe those on the west should jump ahead and grab onto the back of that train that's about to happen. As to the argument that the west saved east, blah blah, east didn't have the money. Guess what. The east didn't go away, so it's a non starter, what happened is what happened and here we are.

Sorry to hear about your situation, CRZ. How long were you furloughed?

So a 1999 hire was active when the merger happen in 2005? I thought the East was down to 1988 and moving to lower DOH pilots to hit the street in 2005. Am I wrong or is this wishfull think from the East side.

So a 1999 hire was active when the merger happen in 2005? I thought the East was down to 1988 and moving to lower DOH pilots to hit the street in 2005. Am I wrong or is this wishfull think from the East side.

Nope....re-read his post, he was furloughed.

Didn't get a lottery ticket, simply believe that those on the east side should be able to capture the attrition from the east side. I don't believe those on the west should jump ahead and grab onto the back of that train that's about to happen.

It's interesting that you want to capture your attrition, yet the C&R's in USAPA's DOH proposal allows for easties to take 50% of our upgrades.

Cool! There are several places that sell OEM hardward for all years (for restoration).

I picked up a 1976 (C3 body) a month and a half ago. 83,000 miles. Body is an 8 or so, Interior 8+, Engine & Tranny @ 7+. Lots of little things to fix up. If you want the web sites for the OEM sites, let me know.

Well this thing is no where near an 8 HAHA....but it's a shell, so gonna see if or what we are going to do with it. Currently have two mustang and a jeep projects that are constantly on going. Have found a bunch of the OEM sites and such, so we'll see.

It's interesting that you want to capture your attrition, yet the C&R's in USAPA's DOH proposal allows for easties to take 50% of our upgrades.

Truthfully I think I scanned the C&R's once, and don't even know where they are right now. Part of the reason is, the possibility of those changing and not really applicable until a contract is finalized which contains them. Point me to where they are and I'll go look at them again.

My thoughts on the C/R's is they should be fair to both sides, however they are constructed, taking into account the possibility of expansion and retraction, vacancies, attrition etc on both sides......

Latest resources

Back