• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A-Friggen Men.

Dear Uncle Fester,

Please STFU

Yours Truly,
The AWA pilot Group that you are a part of you idiot!

...and infringe upon his first ammendment "rights" ???:rolleyes: YGTBSM . I could just hear him squeal like a pig over something like that. Not to say it wouldn't be a good idea.

PHXFLYR:cool:

That's priceless....

I guess I haven't been assimilated into the "i'll happily work for less" culture at AWA yet.

But you did accept the job offer to work here when it was offered to you knowing that the pay was nothing to write home about,did you not?? Go figure.....:rolleyes:

Then why did you post them if you think the information isn't legit. And if you're so in love with Southwest's payrates,have you given any thought to working there ? I'm sure they would love to have you.

That's great! I can't believe you even wonder where the pay is, as you state in your cute poem:

"A/C Flown: Big ones and small ones, fast ones and slow. Some flew up high, while others flew low. I've flown at night, but mostly by day. All the while been wondering "Where is the pay ?"

Where is the pay? Apparently it's too much.
So glad you're on our team....so glad.

phxflyer,

Are you for real? Maybe you're just flaming everyone on this board?

The company is making 100-300 million per quarter, Parker is the highest paid CEO in the bizz and we are paid rock bottom wages. Nobody works harder than AWA pilots. But you're happy with that? Heck we wouldn't want a payraise as that might cost the company some money...

Why are you even wasting time on this board? I'm sure you could help the company out by picking up some of that open time....

Last edited:
Here are some thoughts from other pilots on our awa message board....

"This compensation opener is completely unacceptable.
737, A319, A320 Captains:
On Jan 1, top Captain pay is $143. The proposed rate is $165, a 15%increase.

737, A319, A320 First Officers:
On Jan 1, top FO pay is $95. The proposed rate is $108, a 14% increase.

This is our starting point??????

Rates can and will be negotiated down from there.

A330 Captain proposed rate is $192. Our highest paid wide body Captain would be making 3% less than a Southwest 737 Captain in our best case scenario.

We should not be basing our compensation opener on the average pay of airlines whose contracts were negotiated during the worst of times, if not in bankruptcy......."

And another pilot who has been around a few more years than I

"This is really an unreasonable proposal for the AWA side. When a SWA F/O is making $125/hr, I take our JNC proposal as an insult. I'm sorry if that hurts some of your feelings out there, but this is unaccpetable."

So phx apparently I'm not the only one who finds this proposal to be on the low side...

Latest resources

Back