• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways charging $2 for a bottle of water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I call BS on this one. I can think of very FEW hotels we stay in that DO NOT charge 3-5 bucks for that bottle of water they were kind enough to leave for us.

We and US? We'll the passenagers usually don't stay at the same Hotels as "We and US". Now do they? I have seen over the Years the quality of our crew Hotels have really gone down hill.

Most of the above average Hotels will charge you for water. Now, is US Airways really an above average Airline?

Last edited:
I was riding on US Airways to go to work(corporate) in uniform and the FA comes by with her cart and asked if I wanted something to drink. I told her I wanted some water and she put her two fingers in air and said ,"two bucks." So I put one middle finger in the air and said "no thank you" She must have read the digust on face because two minutes later she came back and handed me some water. Whats next they are going to charge you for the air that comes off the bleed system.

I rode Airways to LGA early Friday morning with 6 other commuters. As each of us left the cockpit after introducing ourselves to the pilots, the #1 F/A handed each of us a bottle of water. Very cool of her.

My opinion:

Flying on the airlines sucks. I avoid US scarways like the plauge.

Airlines are going to lose their bread an butter by doing this... you will see

I rode Airways to LGA early Friday morning with 6 other commuters. As each of us left the cockpit after introducing ourselves to the pilots, the #1 F/A handed each of us a bottle of water. Very cool of her.

Man, times have changed. Once upon a time, we were appreciative of getting a hot meal and a first class seat.

Man, times have changed. Once upon a time, we were appreciative of getting a hot meal and a first class seat.

Yep, and back then you didn't see passenagers walking in terminals with PJ's on, Wife Beaters, Baggy Shorts with boxers exposed, Ripped Jeans, T-Shirts with Explicit Words, etc. etc.

Yes Bring back the times when flying was a Privilege!

Airline travel is by definition "luxury travel." The entire industry is disfunctional and does not price its product accordingly.

These new fees and charges for once complimentary services are a symptom of this reality. It is akin to being able to buy a Mercedes for Dodge prices. The company loses their arse, makes an inferior car as a result, and or makes up the shortcoming in other areas, like parts, maintenance. This is unsustainable and will result in liquidations.

Last edited:
You know, the whole airport experience has gone downhill.

Look at the way the ground service workers dress and behave. When was the last time you saw one of them give a damn about their work? I can't pass through an airport terminal without seeing groups of them slouched out on passenger chairs with feet stretched out and pants falling off, slurring obscenities at eachother.

Tons of gate agents don't even know what they're doing - half of them can't count to 35 (really). They send passengers onto open ramps and allow them to find their own way to the airplanes without giving a single thought as to their general safety.

TSA - the pinnacle of professionalism that protects the American public - hires some of the foulest creatures I've ever seen prowling the face of the Earth.

I pass by overflowing trashcans, broken equipment, and I get run over by electric carts driven by the same people that really don't care about plowing through dozens of passengers.

What can we do? I don't know.

Last edited:
Look at the way the ground service workers dress and behave.

The one I saw in PHL as our "wing walker" was just amazing: In his left hand, he's holding the wands over his head in. In his right, he's holding his three-sizes-too-big-and-no-belt pants in a bunch to keep them from falling down.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. No joke, he looked just like this, if you throw an untucked US Airways ramp shirt on top:

Mr. Baggypants (click for pic)

I know US Airways has uniform standards for all of its employees, not just pilots. Does nobody enforce them anymore?

I can't pass through an airport terminal without seeing groups of them slouched out on passenger chairs with feet stretched out and pants falling off, slurring obscenities at eachother.
Or my personal favorite, seen last week: a group of them sitting in wheelchairs, rocking back and forth, screaming into their Nextel phones.

Do these people not have supervision? (Nevermind; I already know the answer to that one...)

Latest resources

Back