Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ra·tion·al·ize
–verb (used with object)
1.to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

GET USE TO IT! Its called passing on the cost of fuel and it is something everyone has been saying they wanted to see happen for a long time in this industry. US AIRWAYS and a few others have just been more creative. Other airlines will soon follow when they see the benefits to the bottom line from this new pricing program.

There may be some significant short term relief but the ill-will out there is real and even building more, if thta's possible. Something has gotta give soon, this crap just can't go on.

I just bought a ticket on Spirit - DCA to FLL, $234 RT. OK fine. Then it's baggage selection mode; $15 for one, $25 for the second. Grrrr, OK, I'll go with a carry on. The piece de resistance, though, was the seat selection page up next. I now have to pay $10 for a window or $5 for a wedgie seat each way or take my chances with the HAL 9000 picking my seat for me for free.

What a great deal and positive flying experience this will be. Leaves me with a great feeling for Spirit too, I'm sure I'll fly them again next time...NOT. I will go out of my my way to find and fly with anybody who will stop picking my pocket. You want to cover these higher fuel costs? Fine, then man-up and charge me for everything up front, give me my freakin pillow, coke, and window seat if I want one and take me where it says on the ticket. For my part, I'll sit still and come back and fly again. Deal?

I just bought a ticket on Spirit - DCA to FLL, $234 RT.

Yea but buying the cheapest ticket doesn't do anything to solve the problem. As long as the average Joe purchases tickets just like that, there will be hidden fees and sh!tty service.

I've seen folks pass out from dehydration on flights. There are people that are so cheap they will not pay for the water and they will pass out causing a divert. I don't know how many times that will have to happen to change the policy to free water. That is an essential when flying in my opinion. At least on flights longer than 2 hours.

I've seen folks pass out from dehydration on flights. There are people that are so cheap they will not pay for the water and they will pass out causing a divert. I don't know how many times that will have to happen to change the policy to free water. That is an essential when flying in my opinion. At least on flights longer than 2 hours.

We are allowed to comp a cup of water to passengers feeling sick.

Does Grayhound have beverage services on bus rides over 2 hours?

Does Grayhound have beverage services on bus rides over 2 hours?

No, but they can make multiple unscheduled pit stops so the "passengers" don't pee between the seats when the toilet is broken.

Now I call BS on this one. I can think of very FEW hotels we stay in that DO NOT charge 3-5 bucks for that bottle of water they were kind enough to leave for us.

Latest resources

Back