• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways charging $2 for a bottle of water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont go to USAirways to shop for freakin bottles of water!! When I eat at a finer restaurant water is free...actually when I eat at a cheap ass restaurant and ask for a glass of water it's free. Why because they are service oriented. A convenience store is just that a store no customer service...so I guess USAirways is the Circle K of the sky!!!

We don't want your kind anyway......"thank you drive through".....and don't come back

In 2 weeks I have had 2 USAirways flights that were last min business east coast to SEA purchased by my company. I did in Lieu of and switched both to NWA because of the beverage charges and no movies. If NWA starts charging then I will start flying on someone else. If someone is locked in a flying beer can for 5.5 hours then there better be free water. From doing the math using my $ authorization amounts for travel they needed to sell 1000 bottles of water to cover my fare loss. Which the cost of those bottles of water is in addition to the seat cost that is paid whether I use that seat or not.

my suggestion is finding work with a company who actually commercials you in business like most reputable freighters, then you would have all the free water you wanted...

...so I guess USAirways is the Circle K of the sky!!!

It's kind of like Disneyworld actually Sure you have to pay to get in the door, but the nickel and dimeing doesn't stop there.

Fact is these high ups are morons...raise the fare $5 and forget the b.s. fees.

I feel sorry for the FA's having to deal with the new policy. Passengers are rude in general and this just adds more to the mix. Plus they have to ask for change all the time now.

They are just doing what they are told they do not like the new policy either.

Wow! That is outrageous. I would have flipped them off.

Judging by what USAir charges for tickets, they need to do something - so $2 for water you're still getting a good deal. They seem to be the cheapest on a lot of lines out west.

As a person who flies for business, I have a different view. If US Airways wants to unbundle services, then they have to stop gouging us last minute business travelers or else figure out a way to offer a coupon for a free drink when the boarding pass prints for high fares. I paid $950 for a last minute emergency r/t PHL to CLT last week and they told me "you're all the same". No I wasn't the same as the couple sitting next to me who paid $225 r/t from LAS to FAY. And the FA was very rude!

So, am I booking away from them. You bet! In fact my whole company is.

HRDiva

Come fly on SWA and you can have all the free drinks you want along with some free munchies and a pillow to take a nap on.

As for the wendy's/McD's comparision....it is called buying a combo meal...that is what an airline ticket is. It should come with the meal(ticket) and a drink.

Red Dog......first and foremost, please allow me to thank you and your fellow Southwest pilots for the courtesy of your jumpseat and the acommodations of your crews for the 25 years. You guys and girls are truly a class act!!

Your airline has provided me with MANY freebies over the years and please do not think that it goes unnoticed.

When I introduce myself to the flight deck, I ALWAYS introduce myself as an America West, er, um, ahh, not original USair guy. Not that they are bad people, just that I don't want to be associated with the East mindset that they are god's given asset to aviation.

Thanks again for your gracious free ride, and yes, what this thread started as, FREE drinks.

Kudos.......Capt.

You guys take life a little too seriously. Everything about my story was true EXCEPT me flicking her off. I was just trying to make a joke. Only an idiot would do something like that. And only an idiot would believe I did something like that. The point of the story was the flight attendant didn't enjoy charging for water thats why she gave me one anyway. And all of you saying,"If you were in a store you would have to pay for water". That argument is not even comparable because if I was in a store and if they charged me for water or even refused to give me water I would have the choice to GET UP AND LEAVE. Can I do that on an airplane? NO. I don't have a choice on an airplane. Its pay for water or be thirsty. If you are in a confined space they have to give the essentials. Like air and let me see...........water. In my opinion, I have already paid for the essentials with my ticket. Just wait when they start charging the crewmembers working the flight for water and you idiots will change your tune because technically you are getting paid to operate the flight not drink the water. Oh I have a better idea lets just deduct the water out of your paycheck I'll give you a discount at $1.50 per bottle. Typical airline nonsense. That's my rant. I'm out of here to leave you guys in your serious world.

I guess you are as gullible as you sound but the story was true except me flicking her off. And by the way I have airlined on a lot of carriers going to and from work and respect from the flight crew is hit or miss. A lot of them get pissed off because I don't go up to the cockpit bow down and do the 121 jumpseat dance. So this show respect to get respect is garbage. In closing, I will say 90 percent of 121 crewmembers I have dealt with are GREAT PEOPLE I get free stuff all the time. And the most ironic thing about that water story I had to switch flights in PHL to get on Air Wisconsin and the Captain and crew were the nicest people and I didn't do anything different. So respect from the airline crew is hit or miss no matter what you do.

like captairbus said....
you probably got a free ride or company paid so what is your problem... it is because of idiotas like you and your actions that we get the finger from the airlines when we try to get a ride home, I am corporate to and if you show respect you get respect... if I was the FA in that flight I would have had the capt do something about it......
Have a nice day Mor...n

Thats was cute, "mr. corporate man of genious" that is a joke......sort of like what I did.......Do you sort of get it now. Anyway, lets get to the real issue here. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU OR I because most likely we are going to get a free bottle of water anyway. How about the old lady in back that could barely afford the ticket and didn't have two dollars or a charge card to buy the water? And people like you want to talk about airline models. Last time I checked US Airways are the only ones with that stupid rule. How come all the other airlines are not doing it. Hmmmmm......let me see...... I don't know maybe US Airways needs to get their $hit in order. And by the way the poor passengers I was sitting next to did not even know of the policy until they started their "beverage service" if that's what you want to call it. So maybe US Airways needs to MODEL themselves after the other airlines that don't charge for water. But what do you care you are going to get a free bottle anyway.

Oh my mr. corporate man of genious........so sorry you are feeling the pain of not getting a free bottle of water.

Get used to it.........The airline model has changed. You were either jumpseating (free of charge to your corporation), or it was paid for by your company to get you from point A to point B. Either way, it didn't cost you a dime. You didn't even have to supersize your order.

Go to Wendy's, McD's or BK and ask them to throw in a free drink.......What do you think they'll tell you to do?........I think you know the answer.

Capt.

Latest resources

Back