• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways charging $2 for a bottle of water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well not sure about the hotels your company puts you in but the ones we stay in I would say less than 10% charge or the water if it there. I bet you pay for the coffee at the hotel too right.

Who cares! Yea we charge for water and cokes, and yea people have a choice to fly SouthWest or US Airways. Bottom line is you offer free drinks, snacks and pillows. And we don't!

However we offer flights from small towns and you folks don't. Many people don't wanna to drive 2 hours to get on a SouthWest flight. We like other Legecy Carrier offer these flights at more of a cost and convience to the passengers. I think many passengers would rather pay for a 2 dollar coke then to drive 2 hours to catch a SouthWest flight or one from a big city.

Its a choice of the passengers on what airline they wanna fly on and weather or not they wanna buy a bottled water.

So really, who the hell cares.

I feel sorry for the FA's having to deal with the new policy. Passengers are rude in general and this just adds more to the mix. Plus they have to ask for change all the time now.

They are just doing what they are told they do not like the new policy either.

he was completely kidding. there's not an *********************************** on this planet that would have done that.

For long flights though, it should be against the law to charge for water though. So dry up there that people can get dehydrated.

Well not sure about the hotels your company puts you in but the ones we stay in I would say less than 10% charge or the water if it there. I bet you pay for the coffee at the hotel too right.

Alright..Alright...We get it already. Southwest is the perfect company.

he was completely kidding. there's not an *********************************** on this planet that would have done that.

For long flights though, it should be against the law to charge for water though. So dry up there that people can get dehydrated.

Yeah, and 7-11 shouldn't be allowed to charge for water when it's over 90 degrees out. You can get dehydrated when it's like that.

I think charging for water is a bit hokey.....however, the flying public has done this to themselves. If you're gonna prove time and again to the sales department that you're gonna pick the lowest fare off the internet, then you give the airlines incentive to pull every dime they can out of the base fare. It's really no different than these guys that name their business AAAAAAA Auto to get the first listing in the phone book. On the face of it, it seems like a stupid name. The public has proven though that they are "stupider", or lazier, or whatever, and it works.

Bottom line though, if you can't pay two dollars for your water, you can't afford to fly.

PIPE

like captairbus said....
you probably got a free ride or company paid so what is your problem... it is because of idiotas like you and your actions that we get the finger from the airlines when we try to get a ride home, I am corporate to and if you show respect you get respect... if I was the FA in that flight I would have had the capt do something about it......
Have a nice day Mor...n

I was riding on US Airways to go to work(corporate) in uniform and the FA comes by with her cart and asked if I wanted something to drink. I told her I wanted some water and she put her two fingers in air and said ,"two bucks." So I put one middle finger in the air and said "no thank you" She must have read the disgust on face because two minutes later she came back and handed me some water. Whats next they are going to charge you for the air that comes off the bleed system.

Way to keep those sky-whores in-check!

In 2 weeks I have had 2 USAirways flights that were last min business east coast to SEA purchased by my company. I did in Lieu of and switched both to NWA because of the beverage charges and no movies. If NWA starts charging then I will start flying on someone else. If someone is locked in a flying beer can for 5.5 hours then there better be free water. From doing the math using my $ authorization amounts for travel they needed to sell 1000 bottles of water to cover my fare loss. Which the cost of those bottles of water is in addition to the seat cost that is paid whether I use that seat or not.

Last edited:
I walked into the Circle K yesterday, selected a bottle of water from the cooler and took it to the counter.

Their price? ...around 2 bucks.

What's the problem?

I dont go to USAirways to shop for freakin bottles of water!! When I eat at a finer restaurant water is free...actually when I eat at a cheap ass restaurant and ask for a glass of water it's free. Why because they are service oriented. A convenience store is just that a store no customer service...so I guess USAirways is the Circle K of the sky!!!

Latest resources

Back