• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways charging $2 for a bottle of water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whose stock has multiplied in value 5 times in the past 3 weeks?

Who is the number one on time airline first half of 2008?

Fact is these high ups are morons...raise the fare $5 and forget the b.s. fees.

Exactly...I just switched away from them again today. Rather than CLT -PHX -SEA changed it to CLT-ATL-SEA thought I'd try the Tranny in lieu of and saved my company 200 bucks...and I get free drinks....This may be a regular thing since they fly all American made Boeings...which keeps me employed (minus a few outsourced parts...but it beats those tin French beer cans)!! So far in commercial faresthe last 2 weeks thats $2700 away from USAirways over a few bottles of water. Its not the crews and frontline employees...it's the principle of mgt being cheap and giving themselves bonuses with my water money (now if the $ collected for H2o was to go toward a flight crew retirement fund I would definately be on board) !!! Hopefully mgt there reads these posts and changes the policy..USAirways network is very convenient but whats next after the water....

Last edited:
We don't want your kind anyway......"thank you drive through".....and don't come back

Unfortunately that seems to be the USAirways attitude...pretty sad....but i will be sure to take your advice Mr. Parker. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Here is a question I have for those not specifically at USAir but at others too, do the flightcrew members have to pay for water,soda or juice when you are flying on duty?

Unfortunately that seems to be the USAirways attitude...pretty sad....but i will be sure to take your advice Mr. Parker. Thanks for your help.

My apologies. This is the REAL saabslime and I didn't actually post the "thank you drive through" comment. But that's what I get for not logging out of the hotel computer and having some juvenile idiot use my handle.......:beer:

Exactly...I just switched away from them again today. Rather than CLT -PHX -SEA changed it to CLT-ATL-SEA thought I'd try the Tranny in lieu of and saved my company 200 bucks...and I get free drinks....This may be a regular thing since they fly all American made Boeings...which keeps me employed (minus a few outsourced parts...but it beats those tin French beer cans)!! So far in commercial faresthe last 2 weeks thats $2700 away from USAirways over a few bottles of water. Its not the crews and frontline employees...it's the principle of mgt being cheap and giving themselves bonuses with my water money (now if the $ collected for H2o was to go toward a flight crew retirement fund I would definately be on board) !!! Hopefully mgt there reads these posts and changes the policy..USAirways network is very convenient but whats next after the water....

USAirways: phasing out the American product, for the foreign one...Pathetic.

Here is a question I have for those not specifically at USAir but at others too, do the flightcrew members have to pay for water,soda or juice when you are flying on duty?

I had heard that we were supposed to be limited to something like 2 bottles of water a day and one soda. F*** THAT! I would do 2 of the big bottles of H2O a day, easily. The new 16 oz.ers are like a shot class.

GET USE TO IT! Its called passing on the cost of fuel and it is something everyone has been saying they wanted to see happen for a long time in this industry. US AIRWAYS and a few others have just been more creative. Other airlines will soon follow when they see the benefits to the bottom line from this new pricing program.

I have suggested that there be a GAL in the LAV selling cologne, breath mints, etc.. to additionally offset the price of fuel...Still waiting to hear back on that idea.

My apologies. This is the REAL saabslime and I didn't actually post the "thank you drive through" comment. But that's what I get for not logging out of the hotel computer and having some juvenile idiot use my handle.......:beer:

Its happened to me too..not a worry.

Fact of the matter is the majority of passengers book based solely on cheapest fare.

Charging for water/soda sucks, but with the way that the consumer is behaving it makes sense.

On a similar topic - I haven't noticed any real reduction in checked bags since we began implementing the $15 for the first bag either.

Latest resources

Back