US Airways Callsign Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey USAir guys,

Any reason why you guys insist on saying "Cat P**s" as your callsign when you fly? I taxied out behind you guys this morning all it did was make you sound childish. You guys weren't even trying to hide it. In fact, you enunciated it!

They will probably stop saying "Cat Piss" right around the time AWA pilots stop telling people they work for the company "formerly know as America West".

I'd like to hear what a 61 year-old interviewing for his next airline job says once he finishes screwing this one into the ground:

"I think what I miss most about USAirways was the people. They were good people. Oh, them? They were no da-- good. No, them neither, but everyone else-, I mean except those guys from... And those guys from ----- screwed us good!!!!

Can you excuse me please, need to go cool off."

Yeah, interviews for these poor souls should be a hoot!

Funny, but don't think most that are 61 will have too much to worry about. Even with those LOA 93 rates the west keeps trying to throw in the east faces, most of the guys are fairly well off somehow. Sure there's a few that aren't, but most I've talked to could hang it up now w/o a problem. But the paycheck is still pretty good for what they do. Hmmmm....how can that be so??? Oh yeah, the east is at it's lowest levels ever, while the west is at their HIGHEST levels ever, and uhmm...there isn't THAT big of a seperation between pay. Sure there is a chunk there, but looking back over their careers, they have definately made more than the the average West guy, and the past 5 years is definately not indicitive of what they pay was or potential earnings....

So I'd like to hear what the westie would sound like interviewing for that job.

Mannn...I had that there lottery ticket. I'm telling you, those old geezers thougt they knew everything. Heck, they been around so long they''ve forgotten more things thant what I even thought of thinking of. But you see here, I'm young, I'm smarter, ya that's right, and I have a birth right to be given what I want. You see my company was inherently better off because I gave them the graciousnous to work for them. They were superstars 'cause I am a superstar. You see, you hire me, and your company will became great, money rolling in everywhere. Ya Ya, those old guys, nahhhh they ain't got no experience worth nothing. You hire me and all your troubles will be taken care of......

Last edited:
Funny, but don't think most that are 61 will have too much to worry about. Even with those LOA 93 rates the west keeps trying to throw in the east faces, most of the guys are fairly well off somehow. Sure there's a few that aren't, but most I've talked to could hang it up now w/o a problem. But the paycheck is still pretty good for what they do. Hmmmm....how can that be so??? Oh yeah, the east is at it's lowest levels ever, while the west is at their HIGHEST levels ever, and uhmm...there isn't THAT big of a seperation between pay. Sure there is a chunk there, but looking back over their careers, they have definately made more than the the average West guy, and the past 5 years is definately not indicitive of what they pay was or potential earnings....

How is that the case and yet most of the East pilots still think they are entitled to everything at the West's expense? Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the West pilots would have made considerably more than the Easties on unemployment had Doug just let the Company liquidate.

So I'd like to hear what the westie would sound like interviewing for that job.

Mannn...I had that there lottery ticket. I'm telling you, those old geezers thought they knew everything. Heck, they been around so long they've forgotten more things then what I even thought of thinking of. But you see here, I'm young, I'm smarter, ya that's right, and I have a birth right to be given what I want. You see my company was inherently better off because I gave them the graciousness to work for them. They were superstars 'cause I am a superstar. You see, you hire me, and your company will became great, money rolling in everywhere. Ya Ya, those old guys, nahhhh they ain't got no experience worth nothing. You hire me and all your troubles will be taken care of......

1. Don't drink and post.
2. Spell check. I've fixed and highlighted your mistakes. Evidently, you've also forgotten more about spelling then "inexperienced West Pilots" ever know.
3. I think most of the furloughed West pilots just tell an interviewer:
"Well, sir, I wanted to work at America West because it was a really great place to work. Then we merged (*I use that term loosely) with USAir and were forced to adopt their philosophies on misery loving company. The NEW USAir never had a chance to become anything other then what what the OLD USAir had evolved into. Actually, getting furloughed from that toxic environment was probably a gift. Life's too short to be miserable all the time.
Followed shortly by:
Why, yes, I CAN start immediately."
I think that's pretty much all you have to say to anyone who hasn't lived on another planet for the last 10 years. They'll understand.

Last edited:
Hmmm...first off. Could give a jack ******************** less about spelling nor grammer. I'm not a copywrite, english teacher or writing a GD thesis on the internet.

Hmmm....This has to be one of the best quotes of the year yet...

"I wanted to work at America West because it was a great place to work"

Well considering, lets see. Hmm...pre 9/11 Most people RAN from AW. Post 9/11 Well, If i remember correctly they were about the only one hiring. So when one has a choice between Mesa, or Mesa Grande....I guess alot of people took the Grande.... Though I believe some took the unemployment after looking at what a Great company AW was in 2002/03

And if your such a grammar cop, go back and tell me where I was talking about anything regarding the Experience level of a west pilot in my previous quote. I was however complementing the East on their longer time in the industry, which traditionally translates to, Uhmmm......Experience....

Looks more like some inherrent insecurities on your part regarding whatever experience level you may have.......

The East pilot has worked for 20 years at the former AAA and was laid off for 8 to 10 years and on reserve for most of the time when employed by AAA. The West pilot worked the last 10-12 years at the old AWA flying the whole time, upgrading if they desired, logging 600-900 hours a year. So the East has more experience at reserve and unemployement lines! Much like the instructor at a weapons school compared to a grunt who has done several tours, you may have rank, but you do not have experience!

P.S.- How's my spelling, I'm a grad school drop out!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back