US Airways Callsign Question

ERfly

Total Time
Hey USAir guys,

Any reason why you guys insist on saying "Cat P**s" as your callsign when you fly? I taxied out behind you guys this morning all it did was make you sound childish. You guys weren't even trying to hide it. In fact, you enunciated it!

Carl S.

Total Time
15K+
Angry people who do not get what they percive to be right act like a 3 year old in a toy store. It is just a small thing compared to what they want to do our jobs!

TWA Dude

Total Time
9999+
Let 'em say it as long as they like. Their anger only hastens their inevitable journey to the Dark Side.

ERfly

Total Time

PeanuckleCRJ

Hurrrrrrrr
Total Time
mucho
The easties are required to be reminded who purchased them.

lookin4better

Total Time
Glory
Childish pilots?

You have to be making this up.

twighead

Pan Pan
Total Time
No, a little further to the north and a lot smellier.
You must mean BOS, because NY is the best city in the world!

p.s. there is no city that is smellier than PHL.

Last edited:

ERfly

Total Time

Lear70

JAFFO
Total Time
4abeer
Actually, that's kinda funny... Cactus to Catp*ss...

Not that I think it's correct for professionals to do on the radio (I don't), but hearing it here on the b*tch board is kinda funny...

p.s. No, I don't agree with the attempted Easties power grab. No, I don't agree with Nicolau, but the UAir MEC should have known better and come back with something more reasonable on seniority integration and maybe they wouldn't have been given the smack-down.

It's an unfortunate situation, sorry guys (and gals). :(

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
Hey USAir guys,

Any reason why you guys insist on saying "Cat P**s" as your callsign when you fly? I taxied out behind you guys this morning all it did was make you sound childish. You guys weren't even trying to hide it. In fact, you enunciated it!
because in every group there is always an a$$hole...

....or fat chick.

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
I'll never forget the first day the callsign changed. One of the controllers kept forgetting and calling an LCC flight "USAir".

Finally, he got it right and said, "Sorry about that guys, it will take awhile to get used to."

USAir replied, "That's OK. They can call us anything as long as we get what we want."

That is a true story.

j32wreck

Hey USAir guys,

What time did you depart and how far ahead of you was the cactus aircraft? Do you happen to remember a flight number?

taxi1wire

Total Time
8000+
Meow Listen Here Meow!!

LOL! Thats too damn funny!!! At least they didn't say
chickenf........r!!!!!!

ERfly

Total Time
What time did you depart and how far ahead of you was the cactus aircraft? Do you happen to remember a flight number?
I don't remember. It was the busy morning push and I have a hard enough time remembering my own flight number.

ERfly

Total Time