• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Callsign Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, that's kinda funny... Cactus to Catp*ss...

Not that I think it's correct for professionals to do on the radio (I don't), but hearing it here on the b*tch board is kinda funny...

p.s. No, I don't agree with the attempted Easties power grab. No, I don't agree with Nicolau, but the UAir MEC should have known better and come back with something more reasonable on seniority integration and maybe they wouldn't have been given the smack-down.

It's an unfortunate situation, sorry guys (and gals). :(

Hey USAir guys,

Any reason why you guys insist on saying "Cat P**s" as your callsign when you fly? I taxied out behind you guys this morning all it did was make you sound childish. You guys weren't even trying to hide it. In fact, you enunciated it!

because in every group there is always an a$$hole...

....or fat chick.

I'll never forget the first day the callsign changed. One of the controllers kept forgetting and calling an LCC flight "USAir".

Finally, he got it right and said, "Sorry about that guys, it will take awhile to get used to."

USAir replied, "That's OK. They can call us anything as long as we get what we want."

That is a true story.

Hey USAir guys,

Any reason why you guys insist on saying "Cat P**s" as your callsign when you fly? I taxied out behind you guys this morning all it did was make you sound childish. You guys weren't even trying to hide it. In fact, you enunciated it!

What time did you depart and how far ahead of you was the cactus aircraft? Do you happen to remember a flight number?

What time did you depart and how far ahead of you was the cactus aircraft? Do you happen to remember a flight number?

I don't remember. It was the busy morning push and I have a hard enough time remembering my own flight number.

Latest resources

Back