• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Callsign Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup, Looking at that profile of yours there, I can tell you have a boat load of experience there bubba. J31/do328/a320. Boy oh boy oh boy, transversing the soutwestern part of the US sure does build a wealth of experience, I guess I should sit down and learn from that 7000 hours of flying between PHX and SFO....

And if you have 11 yrs at AW, hire date of '98/99??? Then there is 1 or 2 possibilities.
1. You were stuck for whatever reason at AW 10 years ago when everyone else was jumping ship to better paying and better QOL gigs.

2. Your from the Western area, and decided that even with the lower pay etc, you wanted to stay in PHX area, and that AW fit your needs of your life and lifestyle, and hence you stuck it out there.

If number 2, then you can understand the reason for a number of the furloughed guys coming back to US.

Besides we can prob. both agree, nobody ever really wants to become a deltoid....

Last edited:
Who cares who bought who? It was a merger. Nicolau didn't even factor this into his decision. He also didn't put much weight into the financial condition of either airline.

His decision was based on the Pilot Earning Model (PEM) that the West side presented.

Also for Crzipilot to make assertions that the West loses money and the East makes it is asinine.

So when a West crew flies CLT-JFK or CLT-EWR are they losing money?

All US Airways pilots should hope every hub makes money.

Bragging about which side bought who or which side loses money is while the whole ship is sinking is laughable in itself.

Grow up.

Ok, Where did I make the proclamation that the West lost money and the East makes it all??? Now has there been a huge pull down out west. Uhmmm..Yup. Few articles talking about vegas being off by a few million passengers.....

The discussion of who purchased who or who makes money is water under the bridge. The Nic. list is working its way thru federal court, but the East loves to talk about their "experience"! Baghdad Arnie made several public comments after the Nic. and it was a low blow that some out East want to continue to deliver. I was just pointing out how a 87-88 hire at AAA had possibly less flying experience than a 98 AWA hire in the last 20 years! There are 25 year olds that have more combat experience than us former military soldiers and I am careful to watch what I say so I do not look like a tool to some triple tabber! the East pilots sould watch out when they speak also.

What exactly would TODAY'S traffic to any location have to do with the PID date of the merger? Yes in this economy LAS is down. It's down EVERYWHERE....duh. The Merger (wretch) was announced in May 2005, and competed in Sept. 2007. DONE.

No do overs. No looking at todays economy vs. 2007. That is what we are up against. It's going to be a very interesting year in the courts. Hang on to your hats.

Funny, but don't think most that are 61 will have too much to worry about. Even with those LOA 93 rates the west keeps trying to throw in the east faces, most of the guys are fairly well off somehow. Sure there's a few that aren't, but most I've talked to could hang it up now w/o a problem. But the paycheck is still pretty good for what they do. Hmmmm....how can that be so??? Oh yeah, the east is at it's lowest levels ever, while the west is at their HIGHEST levels ever, and uhmm...there isn't THAT big of a seperation between pay. Sure there is a chunk there, but looking back over their careers, they have definately made more than the the average West guy, and the past 5 years is definately not indicitive of what they pay was or potential earnings....

So I'd like to hear what the westie would sound like interviewing for that job.

Mannn...I had that there lottery ticket. I'm telling you, those old geezers thougt they knew everything. Heck, they been around so long they''ve forgotten more things thant what I even thought of thinking of. But you see here, I'm young, I'm smarter, ya that's right, and I have a birth right to be given what I want. You see my company was inherently better off because I gave them the graciousnous to work for them. They were superstars 'cause I am a superstar. You see, you hire me, and your company will became great, money rolling in everywhere. Ya Ya, those old guys, nahhhh they ain't got no experience worth nothing. You hire me and all your troubles will be taken care of......

When you !diots are finished running the new US Airways into the ground what are you going to do? I doubt an uneducated moron such as yourself is going to find work outside aviation.

Last edited:
Us running US into the ground. HELLLLOOOOO have you opened your eyes???

since the Tempe Frat club has gottten ahold of this place, US service on the East coast is a joke. The mojority of the Frequent flyers have fled to Delta and CO. Or at least the majority that actualy get the status awards via butt in the seat flying. Go look on the FF web boards. US sucks for the FF.

The terminals used to be filled with suits and ties. Suits and ties generally mean last minute biz fares etc etc. I used to have a handful of our customers which I became aquainted with out of my home airport. They were flying about as much as I was, commuting on reserve. They have since moved to Delta, as delta is taking care of them.

We fly airplanes. the latest score is I believe a pair of pilots saved this airlines bacon. That's our job, nothing more or less. As long as we don't bend any metal neither of us will run this place in the ground. THAT objective is the frat boys in tempe....So watch where the idoits are...

the latest score is I believe a pair of pilots saved this airlines bacon.

You got that right.

I'm sure most of the Mesa...errr...westie FO's with major airline experience that you could count on one hand could have done a better job, just ask em!

I won't even go into the BUF accident and the experience level in that cockpit.

Here I thought they were ordering or talking about a drink. Silly me!!!
My sixth grader doesn't act like this, geez. Maybe they should drink cat p**s.

Latest resources

Back