• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I only was concerned about the Long call and didn't ask.
I'm guessing something similar to the US Air short call. Be with a certain mile radius when available and report within a reasonable time.

come on guys, take the east west discussion out of the hiring discussion. you even got the general involved now.

Short call is a purposfully ambiguous "reasonably available via surface transportation" which means 3-4 hours based on geography

For guys that got interviewed, how long after submitting the online application did you receive an interview invite?

Applied around Dec of 2011 got a no thanks in Feb 12, got an email to reapply in may 12 and got the call in july 12.

come on guys, take the east west discussion out of the hiring discussion. you even got the general involved now.

Short call is a purposfully ambiguous "reasonably available via surface transportation" which means 3-4 hours based on geography

You better have a pretty good excuse why it takes you four hours and i would definitely not try it on probation.
Once would get you a nice call from a chief pilot twice might send you packing.

You better have a pretty good excuse why it takes you four hours and i would definitely not try it on probation.
Once would get you a nice call from a chief pilot twice might send you packing.

I think he's talking about reserve in the MOU.

But the latest Judge, and the one ruling again soon, Judge Silver, saw right through you, stating "USAPA is walking on dangerous ground...." I guess you think she was just joking, right? Why doesn't the company agree with you guys and USAPA and just move along with your list? Oh, that's right, they probably also see major flaws with your reasoning and don't want to get sued either.....At least we know USAPA will be short lived and will be promptly voted out "by majority (how ironic) by every AA pilot and every F-AWA pilot. Sweet justice.

Bye Bye---General Lee

"Why did US Airways and APA file suits stating that the DFR is ripe? Why have nondisclosure agreements been signed between US Airways, APA, AOL and USAPA? Is this an effort to drain USAPA & AOL union dues? What is managements ultimate goal here?

US Airways & APA do not care about DFR status and only want the shortest route to East/West list integration. They are leveraging a ripe DFR opinion to force a shorter SLI timeline. Management has already achieved a nondisclosure agreement and settlement negotiations are being attempted.

newAA management needs to take full advantage of AA code sharing by being free to reshuffle East/West flying. This also implies that PHX will be reduced and it's block hours outsourced to other AA/East bases with healthy O/D traffic. What other sensitive information could a nondisclosure agreement protecting?

Without an East/West settlement APA may play bad cop in SLI proceedings with arguments such as West pilots should have limited career expectations as the West class has no wide bodies, the West operation has been shrinking/unviable and US Airways management intends to further reduce PHX operations."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back