• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilots and FAs should be awarded the Collier Trophy for outstanding airmanship.

CNN and others keep saying "how rare it is for birds to take out two engines on a jet". I'm surprised that no one has brought up the crash of YUCLA 27 out of Elmendorf a few years back. If I recall correctly, this AWACS struck Canadian geese shortly after TO. Multiple engine failure ensued resulting in the loss of control and subsequent crash. All on board perished.

Tomorrow while F.A.s are giving their brief everyone will take out the card and follow along and then many will ask questions. If someone is talking while they are briefing the other passengers will give them a big sssssssshhhhhhhhhh. This will go on for 3-4 weeks. Doesn’t matter which airline all of the F.A.s will have very attentive passengers.

Good thing it was VFR
Good thing it was not night time
Amazing airmanship!!! Congratulations to the Captain, First Officer and Flight Atendants!

Hopefully, they will get sent for a drug and alcohol screening, first.

Ahhh yes thats the way it works in this industry....
but they don't play out that scenario on MS Flight sim do they? So I guess you wouldn't or couldn't know this........

Stay on FI Nuggy we'll teach you enough to at least pick up one ugly chick in a bar pretending that you are a pilot!

Michael Savage is talking about this on his show and he attributes this to the fact that airlines don't hire based on Affirmative Action. ROTFL

Clay Lacy (scab?) will be taking questions on the show. Hope he straightens it all out.

The clips on the news look exactly like the picture on the briefing cards. Textbook ditch crew did an excellent job.

Hi, it's been a while since I posted on this forum. I actually have a couple of questions. ( I have been a flight attendant since 1998 off and on ). Why does the news call this a "crash"? I always thought a crash is when the fuselage is broken? So, I assume it is an emergency landing (ditching) in water.

A very successful one at that. The only other successful ditching I think was with Antilles or Alm airlines, even though people perished I believe the plane was landed successfully in the water and this example has been used for CRM classes.

I actually brought up birdstrikes in my last training class there is a website like www.birdstrike.org in which people can read about the dangers of birdstrikes..

Other than that I've always been told in training, believe me "you won't ever have to face a ditching" well today it happened and my congradulations to the crew of US Airways.

Latest resources

Back