• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air type in the Hudson?????????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did anyone else catch one of the Fox news guys mention the pilots' experience? They then mentioned that that age 65 rule was raised and now thank goodness we've got those highly qualified 68, 69 year old pilots flying these planes now. I nearly fell out of my chair....

A tool on Fox News...mentioned the fact that they recently raised the retirement age from age 65... he was guessing that the Captain might be 67-68 years old, and the passengers were lucky for all the experience these "older" pilots have.

LOL....Looks like you were typing a bit faster than me. Sorry for the repeat info.

msnbc has an actual AA retired pilot on that is actually speaking the truth...talking about energy management and how great the crew did

A tool on Fox News...mentioned the fact that they recently raised the retirement age from age 65... he was guessing that the Captain might be 67-68 years old, and the passengers were lucky for all the experience these "older" pilots have.

Saw that too. They also mentioned one good thing about the bad economy and the airlines furloughing is that only the "best of the best" are remaining to fly the planes.

From USAirways website:

"Pets in cargo compartment

Our hub cities of Phoenix and Las Vegas have extreme temperatures that regularly exceed 100 degrees. For the safety of your pet, US Airways does not accept any animals in its cargo compartments."

Does that means they never accept animals in the cargo now, or are there variances depending on route, temp?

Latest resources

Back