US Air 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JohnyChimpo99 said:
AWAC will get the E190's, so you can all relax.

Can I have some of what you're smokn. There's no way in helll that AWAC is going to outbid CHQ. If you listen to GC message real close, it won't give you a lot of confidence. If AWAC gets them, they have to comply with J4J and get rid of some 50 seaters. I don't see it happening and to tell you the truth, I hope AWA stops this thing cold.

Jabwmu said:
I beg to differ.

Google a search on plumbers wages..........you will not think that your RJ wage is all that great when you are done.

Fully qualified Plumber wages: $25 to $40 an hour. Most are self employed.

Thats $52,000 to $83,000 give or take a little for a normal 40 hour week.

You must not own a house and needed a good plumber lately have you? :)

KeroseneSnorter said:
Google a search on plumbers wages..........you will not think that your RJ wage is all that great when you are done.

Fully qualified Plumber wages: $25 to $40 an hour. Most are self employed.

Thats $52,000 to $83,000 give or take a little for a normal 40 hour week.

You must not own a house and needed a good plumber lately have you? :)

relax, i was making a joke. plumbers not getting hurt at work. way too uptight.

KeroseneSnorter said:

who said it was. get off your high horse. loser.

I told you that I have a inside source that says AWAC will be getting them. Also, our company already told US Air that we will not be returning any 50 seaters because nobody wants them, so this would be pure growth. AWAC put in a bid for only 90 seaters. If Airways wants to get rid of 50 seat planes they can just s@it can Trans States contract. Nothing aginst Trans States. Anything can get axed in chapter 11. As for CHQ, they are tough and I know they will fly them for NOTHING, ie the E170!! I believe CHQ stills needs to work on a bunch of stuff with their management before they can even get a bid in. AWAC has a seat on the board this fall and will be the second largest owner in the new Airways. The only way we will not get these planes is if the three Amigos don't want them. I only want to fly these planes if we get Bae 146 pay or higher. The new plane enjoyment wears off in about six months. You are right about the pay issue. The last thing I want is a crappy pay scale on these planes like the CHQ E170 payscale. This will be left up to the pilot group and I feel AWAC will set a great pay scale. As much as these planes should be at mainline, they are coming to the regional level no matter what you do. If you work at AWAC and are saying these planes should be at the mainline level you are a hypocrite. If AWAC came to us last year and offered us 27 Bae 146's, it would have passed hands down 100% and they seat more than 90 seats. Nobody would have said a word and our newhire classes would be filled for months. AWAC will be getting them, so you can all relax now.:)

Jabwmu said:

Could be, after all I am a pilot!

Mostly just bored due to the rainy crap day outside.

Looked up some more wages that only required a high school education......

These are median wages, they go up and down with experience:

Welder: 41,640
Meter Reader: 38,000
Excavator operator: 40,000
Bus Driver: 36,700
Crane Operator: 57,780
Chauffeur: 50,000
Train Engineer: 63,000

Some how I have ended up in a profession that requires (mostly) a 4 year degree and extensive training, along with heavy regulation and medical standards, abnormal work hours and extended days away from home, responsible for 10 to 100 million dollars worth of company equipment........yet it took 10 years(not counting school) for me to make more than a crane operator with a high school education!!!!!!:eek:

Loser..........yep that might fit after all!! :)

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I knew what the business paid when I got into it. Do I think we all deserve to be paid more? yes I do. However I knew the harsh reality when I filled out the application.

arthompson said:
I don't know about the rest of you guys but I knew what the business paid when I got into it. Do I think we all deserve to be paid more? yes I do. However I knew the harsh reality when I filled out the application.

My post above is not quite accurate......This business paid much better when I started than it does now.

I was in the six figure range before 9/11 and the massive RJ expansion.......it just didn't last long!!! :)

Oh well, there is always plumbing!!! :)

Chataqua is not going to be operating these airplanes. AWAC will be. As stated above they have a seat on the board, and are looking to operate something along the lines of the aging 146. Chataqua wont be growing much in the near future when Delta cancels their contract in Bankruptcy. Freedom is replacing them starting real soon, and delta has no room for an excess of RJs. Id just be careful over there.

With all due respect, you guys are smoking crack. I say we will never see an AWAC E-190. Our list of why nots is far to big.

S.

Latest resources

Back