• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Air 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get over this seat on the board cr.ap guys!!!

A seat on the board means they help USAIRWAYS make money. Not AWAC. You forget....not only will they have a seat on the board, but they will also own stock in the new USAIRWAYS....they make money either way.

Doing things that are in USAIRWAYS best interests, like making sure they get the best deal possible, is vital to keeping this whole thing going. If USAIR fails, AWAC fails. They are not going to start giving every new flying oppurtunity to AWAC all because they have ONE seat on the board. I sincerly hope you guys are all just a bunch of flamers trying to stir a reaction because your logic makes no sense at all.

I'm with the NUT, AWAC will not be seeing 190's. AD

Last edited:
What is everyone getting so worked up about. Avrodriver, you need to relax. Don't worry AWAC has it all locked up and we will be flying the E190's. Johny Chimpo nevers lies! Now I am going to go back to flinging my poop.

Blah blah blah.....

You can all take those E-190s and shove 'em where the sun don't shine.

Beechnut,

There is an alternative spin on this whole E190 thing and how AWAC fits in. I'm only playing devil's advocate here and don't have an axe to grind with any of the other pilot groups.

The 3 amigos NEVER tell us anything in advance. Whether you agree with it or not, it's the way they run this company. So why would GC take the time to outline in fairly extensive detail how they intend to respond to this bid? They didn't tell us a thing about Airtran until it had happened. Why not just say USAir has issued an RFP and we're looking at it. It would be more like how they've approached things in the past. The reason could be that this is a done deal and those 190's are already coming to AWAC.

Now personally I don't care if they come here or not. Every one of those aircraft means one less 737/320 that "regional" pilots can move onto. But if they do come here it will be down to the AWAC pilot group to get decent rates.

PGTB said:
Chataqua is not going to be operating these airplanes. AWAC will be. As stated above they have a seat on the board, and are looking to operate something along the lines of the aging 146. Chataqua wont be growing much in the near future when Delta cancels their contract in Bankruptcy. Freedom is replacing them starting real soon, and delta has no room for an excess of RJs. Id just be careful over there.

No way Delta will cancel the contract. Every BK and merger has eroded scope for the majors. This time will be no different for both US and DL. RAH will just get larger. I don't like it any more than anybody else, but it is a fact.

The DL BK will increase the # of 170's and add the 190 to DL connection. RAH/CHQ will operate some of these aircraft. DL pilots will be offered prefferential hiring. Just my opinion.

Below is a portion of B. Bedfords early July message/sermon.

"For our part, it seems clear Airways will complete the sale of their 28 E170s and related assets to us, so we have decided to go out and raise more cash. This afternoon we filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission to sell up to 8 million additional shares of common stock in RJET. Our hope is to raise another $100 million in cash to help pay for the US Airways asset purchases and to fund aircraft deposits for up to 25 additional E190 aircraft deliveries we may purchase from Airways. The E190 agreement with US Airways is a long ways away from becoming a “done deal” and we would have to amend our CBA with our pilots to affect it, but before we can do anything we have to assure our Board of Directors we could finance such a program. We should know by the end of July whether we can find interested buyers for our stock or not. "

Indeed they did find buyers of this stock. Another $100 million to finance aircraft in the bank.

Im talking about your 37/50 seat flying. Thats the flying that DL has to much of. Thats what they have already replaced with Freedom, and thats what theyll be canceling when they file.

I doubt Delta will cancel the Chautauqua contract in bankruptcy. It's, quite frankly, win-win.

I suspect that the fee-per-departure that Chautauqua charges is significantly less than the cost of doing the business itself (i/e Comair).

I think that the math is fairly simple. Which costs more (or yields more profit):

#1. The yields on a specific city pair less the fee paid to the provider?

#2. The yields on a specific city pair less the cost of:
  • running the general offices
  • running the dispatch center
  • running the ground service
  • purchasing fuel
  • paying flight crews
  • paying customer service staff
  • paying support staff
  • FSI full-service contract on site
  • etc.
Now, I may be wrong - but I think Chautauqua does it cheaper -- and more importantly, the customer can't tell the difference.

But just for the sake of argument...let's say that i am wrong. If so, how did Chautauqua, Mesa, Trans-States, etc. get where they are today?

Having worked for regionals my entire career I promise you the customer does notice the difference and is loud about it. Especially when the mainline carrier tells them "we're sorry you had that problem but that flight/station is operated by (insert regional name here)"

KeroseneSnorter said:
If the 190's end up at regionals, ALL of you, and I do mean ALL of you, have advanced as far as you will ever go in your careers pay wise. The 190 is in effect a 737-200. Once something of that size is flying for contract carriers at RJ rates there will not be any mainlines left. Even somebody like SWA would eventually end up at RJ rates.

Can you imagine the chaos caused by 10 different contract carriers all flying mainline sized aircraft bidding and underbidding each other for routes?

Not pretty. But exactly what managment wants to finish off "Airline Pilot" as a good paying career. Most bus drivers in big cities already make more than Mr. RJ Pilot.

True,

NWA is trying to get all 100 seats or less aircraft to the regionals, at NWA thats 170 DC9's.

A lot of major paying jobs....

The airline industry has been doing this for some time, and I don't ever expect it to stop there.

Thionk about it,....eventually a 747-400 at regional pay rates.......

The top pay in the profession would be regional pay.....

-not worth the hassle of training......

so who would eventually fly these aircraft?....would any one fly 'em?

I know its a dark scenario, but the airline managements don't appear to be satisfied untill all aircraft are flown by pilots who are willing to fly for regional wages.

:)

This thread has illustrated to me why the pilot profession has completely swirled down the toilet. Congratulations! In one thread we have managed to lower the bar yet again. Truly sad and pathetic. Perhaps next we should discuss how the E-190's should go to Gulfstream international.

Latest resources

Back