US Air 190's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NDM said:
Frankie "Fang-Toothe" Lorenzo ala Continental Airlines.

Capt. Regional Age 28.

Ah yes, here we see the type who read Hard Landings and now considers himself well versed. Hey genius, 'Fang' was Crandall's nickname. Lorenzo's only nickname which I can print here without getting banned was 'Frankie Smooth Talk.'

Captain.Regional. Age 26.Listened to those who went through the drama rather then depending on a book from Borders

hoover said:
Crap wages? Since when did $110K a year become crap wages? That is what a top 146 driver at AWAC is earning.

Your twelve year pay is what? $88? for a 100 seater.

SWA is getting in the neighborhood of 175 or so at 12 years for a 124 seater.

As I understand it that 110K is after 20 years, How old are you now? I have to retire in 24 years myself. 88 K a year after 12 years??? A good plumber gets that a year. And I doubt anybody is in any real serious danger if he screws up.

When new cars are going for 25k for a Chevy and 50k for a luxury car and gas is 2.50 a gallon, 110k is crap pay for a life time of experience in a career as unforgiving of mistakes as aviation.

KeroseneSnorter said:
88 K a year after 12 years??? A good plumber gets that a year. And I doubt anybody is in any real serious danger if he screws up.

I beg to differ.

By the way, I heard the term Frankie "Fang-Toothe" from an old Continental driver who walked the line. I also got to spend a few hours talking to the guy who was head of Lorenzo's security. He, by the way, is the owner of the company who does most of the background checks on all airline employees which is contracted out by the airlines. Guess who financed him?

And I am 28 (not 26), Capt., been here 5 years bringing in 6 figures this year. By the way I generally have 15-16 days off a month and fly 75-80 hours a month. You are right, our hourly rate for a 190 is not what the DC-9 was. I wish we could have done better and we have more leverage for this next time around, but top end pay for us on the 190 will be $120/hr.

Is that good enough pay- He!! no. Will I fight for more. He!! yes.

Of course most of my original post was dismissed. I really don't care whose fault it is. The sh.t is ours now to deal with.

I hope everyone flies safe, and I will let you older mainline guys buy the first round and educate me anytime.

Dan

JohnyChimpo99 said:
AWAC will get the E190's, so you can all relax.

I have no doubt. I have faith in GC and the boys that the right airplane will replace the 146. Maybe I should call my contact in ATW and ask what he knows.

Latest resources

Back