• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPT to Majors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep your apps up to date. I got calls while in UPT for interviews and told them I was on AD for awhile but was still very interested. They all said to call when I was done to set up interviews. In the end, I did not get one of the jobs I wanted but ended up somewhere that is good right now. Who knows what the future will hold. Just keep the apps up to date and enjoy the ride. Good luck

UPT age

Paul R. Smith said:
I'm 28 are they lettin guys in the guard slots over 27 anymore?

I know of many folks over 30 that have gone through UPT to end up with guard/reserves. The bottom line is this: does the unit want to hire you? Oldest I've heard of is 33.
B

AlbieF15 said:
Update update update--even if you availablity is 2 years away. That way when you are interviewing you can say "see....I've wanted to be here for years..."

Shoot straight with airlines on availablity--playing games won't make any friends.

What he said...good luck in 38s!

FastCargo

geriatric upt students

I have seen two Majors going through upt in the last year. They were both 35+ years old. If the guard wants you to go to UPT you will go, even if you are already collecting social security checks!

RedDog,
I know what he meant in the original post but someone else asked a question about how old you could be and get into UPT. I have seen people 35+ years old going through UPT and they had already pinned on Major (the rank, O-4, not the term used to refer to large airlines) in their Guard units before being selected for pilot training. Sorry for any confusion.

IJ

Latest resources

Back