• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPT Scandal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep..... another one of those "desparate for O-6" making a move on the troops in the trenches. Step on whoever/whatever to shine; nothing ever changes! Cooperate to graduate has taken another whole new meaning. I'm guessing a lot of these geezards retire from the the military and become airline management.

More than just cheating...

There are many facts about the cheating scandal that have not been released. I will say that there was an inappropriate relationship going on between an IP and a student. This is probably the reason why the scandal went so high up the chain. Normally, Flight/Squadron CC's will take care of the situation in-house--Many of us graduates can attest to that. Since the Wing had to get involved, there is no they way could overlook the blatant cheating that was going on. It is one thing to have gouge, but it is a whole different thing to bring the actual test questions in to the test. In my opinion, some of the students should have been charged with stupidity rather than cheating.

Wow... so much for classes looking after each other passing on gouge and helping each other out, in a genuine effort to see everyone succeed. If it wern't for gouge dissemination I know a LOT of dudes that would not be were they are today, and I'd be willing to be a months pay this LtCol was the recipient/user of gouge, and used the same system when he went through training.

Everyone I know has been a part of "cooperate to graduate," but this went beyond that. Guys I talk to say that only a certain number of dudes had the "gouge" (read: actual test), and that it was kept from other people in the flight/class. Not cool, if you ask me.

Actually, there's a lot about this situation that's just not cool.

Batman said:
There are many facts about the cheating scandal that have not been released. I will say that there was an inappropriate relationship going on between an IP and a student. This is probably the reason why the scandal went so high up the chain. Normally, Flight/Squadron CC's will take care of the situation in-house--Many of us graduates can attest to that. Since the Wing had to get involved, there is no they way could overlook the blatant cheating that was going on. It is one thing to have gouge, but it is a whole different thing to bring the actual test questions in to the test. In my opinion, some of the students should have been charged with stupidity rather than cheating.

Yes...there IS more to the situation.

We had to rework the testing process putting the test bank on a secure computer (which some geek stud will probably figure out in a couple of years). Then, AETC came by to check. I think they went to the other SUPT bases as well.

Half the class that went T-38 track were taken out of training. The guys that didn't get in trouble were T-6 students from Moody. The IP in question was yanked out of IFF.

The bottom line is stupid people wasted an opportunity of a lifetime.

talondriver said:
Yes...there IS more to the situation.

We had to rework the testing process putting the test bank on a secure computer (which some geek stud will probably figure out in a couple of years). Then, AETC came by to check. I think they went to the other SUPT bases as well.

Yep -- here at KSPS there's the computerized test bank, and all EPQ's have to be made from the MQF on that computer. The only IPs with the password, in fact, are Check Section guys. Line IPs are not allowed to have the password.

"When one guy craps his pants, everyone gets to wear diapers."

Geez! You mean the EIEIO at UPTH didn't CC the DINK?

Wow. When I was OCONUS in the USMC over in WESTPAC, we took NATOPS tests WAB. The CO never asked my RIO if that was A-OK, so WTF!

BAMCIS
FOCPIG
SMEAC
BOHICA
FIGMAC

Props to the first with all correct answers.

[Gets woozy reading too many acronyms...]

TalonDriver,
This happened during T-38 phase, right? Also, you mentioned the IP getting pulled from IFF. I take it he left Columbus before all this got discovered, and they clipped him at Moody?

It happened when they were in Tweets, but it didn't catch up to them until they were in 38's and T-1s.

Wow. When I was OCONUS(Out of Continental U.S.) in the USMC (United States Marine Corps) over in WESTPAC (Western Pacific Theater of Operations), we took NATOPS (Naval Air Training Operations Procedures and Standardization) tests WAB. The CO (Commanding Officer) never asked my RIO (Radar Intercept Officer) if that was A-OK, so WTF (What The F--K)!

BAMCIS -Begin the planning, Arrange the recon, Make the recon, Complete the planning, Supervise No "I"
FOCPIG-Fire, Observed, Concealed, Protected, Integrated, non Geometric
SMEAC-Situation, Mission, Execution, Administration and logistics, Command and Signal)
BOHICA-Bend Over, Here It Comes Again
FIGMAC-????????

Oh well. Tired now. Must sleepofjsgoifdcsvgm lcvkxc .....................................

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back