• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does one find that type of information out? Is there someplace it's posted on our internal website? Any reason why they quit?

I forget where that came out but the company is sure not going to brag about it. It may have been from the union meeting

We are tremendously overstaffed!! There are scores perhaps hundreds of pilots who have averaged less than 100 hours a year over the last 10 years at UPS. UPS has mismanaged its crew force and is finally starting to realize it. They don't need the reserve coverage we have and they are in the process of allocating resources correctly.

Thankfully the this contract fixed the FO pay rather than fatten the wallets if retirees like JM wanted. We will spend a lot longer on the FO pay scale but at least the pay is good. JM actually wanted to increase the retirement pay of already retired pilots!!

Just another .02 - from the above mentioned MD11 reserve guy - I got 23 JA calls on a 19 day off stretch, then 14 on a 13 day off stretch. The comment about staffing in the right places.....

BTW, I just got bumped to the -400 in ANC, and am watching as 17 guys are now being displaced (realigned) to my old seat in SDF on the MD....

Wha.....??

We are tremendously overstaffed!! There are scores perhaps hundreds of pilots who have averaged less than 100 hours a year over the last 10 years at UPS. UPS has mismanaged its crew force and is finally starting to realize it. They don't need the reserve coverage we have and they are in the process of allocating resources correctly.

Really? Do you believe that?

I doubt that you're senior enough to survive the "staffing model" that the company is proposing. Would you like to just volunteer for a furlough right now? Would you like to be one of the first to hit the street?

Whose side are you on dude? You don't sound like IPA to me.

Last edited:
Really? Do you believe that?

I doubt that you're senior enough to survive the "staffing model" that the company is proposing. Would you like to just volunteer for a furlough right now? Would you like to be one of the first to hit the street?

Whose side are you on dude? You don't sound like IPA to me.
I think there was little sarcasm in his post. ...and he's definitely in our side, let's calm down a little, ok? :erm:

I think there was little sarcasm in his post. ...and he's definitely in our side, let's calm down a little, ok? :erm:

Although he can speak for himself, I believe you're probably right; how could anyone say something so over-the-top without it being sarcastic. If so, my sarcasm radar must have failed, and I extend my apologies to you Lil J., my bro.

I've had a few cocktails. Sorry for the sensitivity/drama. Jeez, now I'm starting to sound like my Ex.

These are anxious times. Sorry.

Last edited:
Just another .02 - from the above mentioned MD11 reserve guy - I got 23 JA calls on a 19 day off stretch, then 14 on a 13 day off stretch. The comment about staffing in the right places.....

BTW, I just got bumped to the -400 in ANC, and am watching as 17 guys are now being displaced (realigned) to my old seat in SDF on the MD....

Wha.....??

Maybe an interesting thing with manning at ANC MD FO. I'm a probation guy--low on the list. In Oct/Nov I was called once or twice every day for JA (except one day)! In Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar, I've been called for JA a grand total of maybe 4 or 5 times. Staffing problem solved? There appears to be very little open time recently...

Latest resources

Back