• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JohnnyPilot

Any idea how many in the pool?

I have been swimming since 6/07.

Any info. on classes or what plans UPS has?

Is BT still in the department?

If not, does that mean the pool will be dumped?

I am starving for some info.

Thanks for any help!!

Johnny

Last edited:
I have heard 55 in the pool, and hiring approx that many in 2008. I would estimate that hiring would begin no earlier than late summer.

BT is not working in the same office. He is on assignment to the simulators. The airline HR (hiring) office has been temporarily closed.

There are lots of variables - age 65, displacement bids, fleet reductions/expansions, etc.

Things change often, so hang in there. Good Luck.

Sorry to hear that you are still in the pool. It does not make sense to see a company that makes so much money and has such a huge network....debating either furloughing or cutting back aircraft. Does this not strike anybody else as oh...I don't know....maybe STUPID!! I sure hope their mgmnt gets out of this "trucker mind mentality" before they ruin a Great Company. Good Luck!:cool:

Who mentioned anything about a furlough? :eek:

PS: I think the "trucker-like" mentality has worked out well so far. They must be doing something right.

Trucker manager

These trucking managers have been slowly working into airline positions. I know many management type in maintenance are baling for Southwest.

Thanks Nav.,

I know it will be worth the wait if I ever do make it out of the pool. The lack of information and communication is very frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I know I am very lucky to have made it this far, but.... It just is frustrating to wait with no communication or update or anything. How about a blanket email that says " All applicants in the pool, we are currently evaluating our needs, please be patient." That would be better than what we have now; nothing but rumor.

Sorry to vent, I do not want to sound like a spoiled pilot but..... anyway, this is the glamor of aviation.

Johnny

I have heard 55 in the pool, and hiring approx that many in 2008. I would estimate that hiring would begin no earlier than late summer.

BT is not working in the same office. He is on assignment to the simulators. The airline HR (hiring) office has been temporarily closed.

There are lots of variables - age 65, displacement bids, fleet reductions/expansions, etc.

Things change often, so hang in there. Good Luck.

Check APC, they have a list going.

Furlough

Stop making people scared with this furlough crap. No-one has said furlough and by the way they are JAing in everyfleet. We still have people retiring and losing their medical. I don't see hiring this year, with Md's moving to domestic, over 60 guys (8 fe panal over staffed by 60, from IPA). If the economy and the worlds for that matter don't get bad you could see after peak 2008. Just way too much training with the 3 dispalment (1 now, 2 coming) bids going on. The wild card is the world economy, but everyone now is working hard.

Hope to see you in class soon!!

Johnny
Johnny,

SOON? lol... sorry but the company is committed to a course of self-destruction. Don't expect any hiring for another 3-7 YEARS, IMO.

BBB

Latest resources

Back