• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS or AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Threads like this one is usually such worthless drivel, mental masturbation if you will. Different strokes for different folks. Some people like daytime flying, some like to have pax on board, etc. Me, personally, I like the pay and most importantly, JOB SECURITY. I know things can change to any company, jada jada jada. But, this right now is the most secure that one can get. I don't care what is behind the door - pax or rubber dog$hit. 3 furloughs in about 5 years is enough for me. Give me stability.

By the way, I worked 75 hrs in my 10 months as an FE. Yeah, night flying is really killing me. :rolleyes: I sleep more through my reserve periods than I do working. :D

Really, though, if you are happy, that is all that matters.

Different strokes for different folks seems to be the theme here.

If you don't like flying nights, then get a job flying afternoon traffic watch. I don't think any airline out there is void of night schedules. If you want stable employment, a good paycheck and good QOL, let those be the parameters for any company you are contemplating working for.

Last edited:
The question was which would you choose if given the choice, AirTran or UPS. As I said, Job security, pay, pension, b-fund vs. nothing. The choice is simple. Seems like the folks defending AirTran have a lot of pent up hostility and anger. It's not my fault you work there.

The question was which would you choose if given the choice, AirTran or UPS. As I said, Job security, pay, pension, b-fund vs. nothing. The choice is simple. Seems like the folks defending AirTran have a lot of pent up hostility and anger. It's not my fault you work there.

Any place beats wherever it is you're flying a CRJ 700 at.

The typical response when you are turned down for a job, "I never really wanted to work there anyway".

Last edited by a moderator:
So not only did you not get hired as a pilot, but you probably got fired for doing a crappy job throwing boxes....... no wonder you hate this place. Yeah... I hate the way they do business too.... 1 billion a quarter is disgraceful..... LOL....

back to the crackpipe for you man..... and NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back