UPS new hires to MD-11!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brown Cow said:
Apparantly 4820 posts is a contribution. Thank you General, you are the enlightened one, the one we should all follow. Please concern yourself more with saving your proud airline, and leave us "stupid", insignificant cargo folks alone. I am searching for a way to bring meaning to this board..........searching.......searching. Can't find a way right now! But, I assume that you General will have another 4820 things to say.

Spooky, sure etops is only for 2 engines, but you know that you just can't point the airplane East or West and hope that you'll make landfall. There's a little more involved.

Hmmmm. Reading your impressive post, I am almost speachless. Where do I begin? Well, I count this board as one of my several hobbies, that I enjoy. I also paid money to keep it going, so I am entitled to be a part of it. I am not on here to be the "enlightened one" as you call me, I enjoy all aspects of aviation and I obviously have an opinion. I have expressed it for years, hence the 4821 posts. You come on here with the "I fly cargo so nothing can ever go wrong for me and I can make fun of everyone" attitude and make fun of my "proud airline" and me. I laugh it off because I have no control over what happens, and neither do you with yours. Your contract negotiations may result in a strike, and maybe you will find yourself with a company that wants to replace you. You never know what will happen. But, you and Ihaveapension are on a roll, and there is no doubt I will respond at least 5000 more times with my opinion to any of your threads. You can place me on the ignore list, and that wouldn't bother me at all. Thanks for upgrading me to "enlightened one." My wife is proud.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
FedEx's contract negotiations are going to result in a big fat pay raise! Something you Deltoids won't be seeing for a long, long time.

That reminds me...

IHaveAPension said:
FedEx's contract negotiations are going to result in a big fat pay raise! Something you Deltoids won't be seeing for a long, long time.

I remember someone very sage and thoughtful once told me that in aviation, you shouldn't believe any rumors or predictions you hear until you are;

1) in the plane,
2) pulling up the gear,
3) and the check has cleared.

If you asked pilots 30 years ago about their jobs at Pan Am, Eastern, Hughes, TWA, Braniff, et al, they would have sounded just as sure as your remark...

IHaveAPension said:

Ok, you keep mumbling that in your head on those allnight sorts. Have fun chief.

Bye Bye--General Lee

IHaveAPension said:
I fly days. :D And I'll soon be flying one of YOUR old MD-11s!

You are sad.

I flew passengers and cargo, international. Every pilot that has some brain left knows that a career choice depends on a lot of luck. Guys who think they are so hot flying an MD-11 at Fedex should think twice before bragging. You are flying ex-Delta and ex-Swissair machines...You are lucky, period.

Some comments (or maybe attitudes) on this board are a little embarrassing. Ill never brag about making more money because I work at UPS v/s some other carrier. Hell, two years ago, DAL was making boat loads more than I do at UPS and who knows what things will look like next year. Truth is, Id of taken any job back when I was looking at any of the Majors if they would have called first and fortunately for me, UPS (which was my #2 next to AA, MIA dom...) called before NWA or TWA could get me out of thier pools. I dont own the right to be cocky, it was a crap shoot and I was lucky that day. Ive also been around long enough to know what may look golden today might look brown (no pun intended) tomorrow. No one is safe in this industry (flying A/C not Pax v/s Cargo) so lets all stick together and fight for whats right for all of us.

Hell, I have high hopes for our upcoming contract and Im willing to fight for what I think we deserve, but guys (Pension and brown cow) what gives? You guys got something aginst DAL or the General? Our union ask us to conduct ourselves in a professional manner at all times especially in these last day of our contract negotiations. In my opinion, I would hardly classify youll's latest comment as professional. If it is your opinion that we (UPS pilots) are superior or better than everyone else than act like it and be professional. Extend courtesy to others that you might want extended to you if the shoe was on the other foot.

Hate to sound like an old betty, JMHO

BBDC8

Dal Rocks

I've flown on or JS'd on lots of different carriers and by far, DAL was the best. The nicest people, most professional and courteous. Delta will be just fine. The airline business is like a pendulum. It WILL swing back as it always has.

And like BBDC8 said: remember--we're all in this together--one way or the other. So be nice. The community is a small one and pilots have long memories. Usually.

TH>

IHaveAPension said:
I fly days. :D And I'll soon be flying one of YOUR old MD-11s!

Our guys didn't really like them, said they flew like krap. Enjoy it. Watch the landings, your insurance depends on it.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back