• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS new hires to MD-11!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is great news. Where do those MD-11s usually fly to? Are they mostly INTL or are there some domestic trips? Good for those guys/gals who get into that right seat first. Better than the 727FE seat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Better than the 727FE seat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Some UPS loyalist (who probably did 4 years on the panel) are gonna slam you for that!!

Put me anywhere!

Whatever seat that they deem me worthy of, I will occupy. I have NO problem as starting as a SO. Many great pilots have done it before me - I can pay my dues as well. It's part of going to a great company. People should feel very lucky to have the opportunity to bypass that seat, as well as getting a senority number.

no

Baby Cakes said:
New hires are going to the MD-11!!! Congrats to those lucky dogs getting the Mad Dog.... having your cake and eating it too.
http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/showthread.php?t=483

Is FedEx also hiring into the MD window seat?

FedEx is not hiring directly to the right seat of the MD-11. The company only wants senior people in the MD from what I hear on the street. I think they still get worked up a bit when a 6 month new hire bids and gets the MD-11.

Goose17

Come on General, Nothing wrong with a little back seat action... (Well, as long as they pay me as a FO... LOL ) Safest place to be for your first year of probation... JMHO

BBDC8

TriJet said:
Some UPS loyalist (who probably did 4 years on the panel) are gonna slam you for that!!

I did 6 months and that was 6 months more than most Delta Express 737 pilots did. I hated every minute. But, I understand now that it is a seat that most will never see. That makes me feel better. Time for some milk and cookies.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, General.

Still yapping jibberish to rack up your post count!!! 727 F/E is the worst seat? Actually sitting forever in line at Atlanta or wondering if 7000' is enough for a 737-200 out of LGA is a little worse than plumbing. However, knowing that your company will be around for a while because it makes more in one year than DAL loses in three, well that's inspiration enough for me. For those coming soon to Brown and getting a panel job......don't worry! After a new contract, future growth and all the other good stuff, you'll laugh, too.

Brown Cow said:
General, General.

Still yapping jibberish to rack up your post count!!! 727 F/E is the worst seat? Actually sitting forever in line at Atlanta or wondering if 7000' is enough for a 737-200 out of LGA is a little worse than plumbing. However, knowing that your company will be around for a while because it makes more in one year than DAL loses in three, well that's inspiration enough for me. For those coming soon to Brown and getting a panel job......don't worry! After a new contract, future growth and all the other good stuff, you'll laugh, too.

Ouch! I do love those brown uniforms though.

Latest resources

Back