• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS new hire Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've never seen a thread SHUT DOWN before... just transferred to the CARGO Board! Nothing like a little "IP intervention" by the moderator to bring us back to reality.

"Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone..."

We're in no position to judge

As long as she (or anyone else who's made mistakes) can fly the jet, welcome aboard I say. Who are we to judge her or anyone anyway? Would judgemental F'ers like to be judged by a bunch of strangers who don't know your situation or life?

We all make mistakes in life. In fact, there was this time with the cow. . . .but.

Lighten up and don't focus so much on the past Francis.

TH.

UPSFO said:
Tailhook '91 blemished the records of many Naval Aviators over ten years ago. Most of us were fortunate enough to have a forgotten past! I suggest we extend the same courtesy to the young lady identified in this thread.

Perfectly said. Case closed. I would hate to have anyone look at my personal life through a microscope, much less the national media.

UPSFO said:
Tailhook '91 blemished the records of many Naval Aviators over ten years ago. Most of us were fortunate enough to have a forgotten past! I suggest we extend the same courtesy to the young lady identified in this thread.

Perfectly said. Case closed. I would hate to have anyone look at my personal life through a microscope, much less the national media.

Ok now you all really perked my curiousity. What did the unnamed gal do that was so heinous in the Air Force?

I say CONGRATS!! I had the chance to see her the morning after she heard. I had the chance to fly with her a few times while at ASA. She is a really nice person and a good pilot, I am not sure about the brown uniform......but to each there own!!!

Not to mention, I move up one more number!!

Oh her. I am all for forgiving a mistake but I find it a little harder to forgive the continuous lying about it and complete disregard for authority. Personal integrity is a perishable trait. I would like to see a male applicant get hired with the same background, no f*ing way especially when Brown & Purple can have their pick at the best in the industry. Sorry guys this has "quota' written all over it. However I would give her a fair shake since she made it thru the hoop. Better you guys than us.

Quota? If that's the case when are they gonna call me? I have been waiting for this magical easy street for women that some of you like to speak of to make it's way to me........

Last edited:
Purpledog,

It must be nice to hold everyone up to such a high standard. Gee, you’re Mr. Perfect. Im glad that you and Jesus walk on the same water. I posted this before and Ill post it again to maybe give you (Mr. Perfect) some enlightenment. UPS hired many furloughees in the early 90's. They all gave UPS their word that they would stay, Most if not all went back when recalled. Screwed UPS and lied too. UPS said it would never hire Furlougee's again. What does this mean?

1. The pilots from the 90's that lied to UPS about staying and then left, where your out cry about them. If were talking about preferential treatment it seems to me that you want to give this preferential treatment to your male buddies who have serious integrity issues and of course cry foul if someone tries to extend the same courtesy to a female.

2. UPS eventually decided to hire Furlougee's from the massive pilot pool that exist out there today. Yes, they have been burned before, but UPS is a decent place that believes in forgiveness. We’ve got people here with DUI's, No college degree, etc.... If UPS thinks it ok to hire this person and others who have a few skeletons in their closet. Good for them... I flew with her at ASA and now at UPS, believe me, she’s got Ba11s and she’s a good stick. I don’t know many men that could have moved on like she did under such criticism and not break down.

3. Where do you stand on the whole Clinton thing? I’m a Republican and I agreed with the Impeachment thing, but I have learned to live with the fact that he lied, still maintains the lie, and made a mistake. Now he should be allowed to move on with his life. I hope he’s the next UN guy... Good for him...

4. I’m glad she’s here; it seems that Big Purple might be a little hard on her and Id hate to be at a place that operates like that. Look at all the post here on Flight info, have you seem one UPS person that is upset about this... NONE!!!! We welcome her with open arms; she made a good decision to come to a place where she could be welcome...

BBDC8

Latest resources

Back