UPS new hire Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DAL737FO

For some reason the original thread has been locked but I have a question for guys that say good for her. I was wondering how many men would have been hired to ASA and now UPS with something other than the Honorable Discharge block checked on an application? I know that the SWA online app has a block for type of military discharge and I don't remember if UPS had it or not but I'm sure it's asked at the interview. In today's environment of highly qualified applicants, and very few majors hiring, a speeding ticket could mean the difference between getting the interview call or not. Getting an interview with a general discharge would seem to be impossible.

MD-88 FO

PLEASE DON'T BEGIN POSTING ANY INDIVIDUAL'S NAME ON THIS THREAD! THAT IS WHY THE PREVIOUS THREAD WAS CLOSED--DON'T PUSH THE ENVELOPE ON THIS ONE AS WELL, PLEASE. Eagleflip

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you've never made a mistake in your life.

Mistakes? Plenty

But not the type that results in a General Discharge.....

Lucky me....

Last edited:
English said:
I guess you've never made a mistake in your life.

I would assume this was directed at me and the answer is that I've made many. Posting on this site has been one of them but I don't want this to focus on this one individual that is why I went back and deleted any reference to her in my post. I ask because I update my SWA application every month and every month when I get to the traffic violations section I see a speeding ticket I got back in 97. Now in todays competitive environment and you have hundreds, if not thousands, of applications that all meet or exceed the mins for hiring and have all the appropriate blocks checked that one block really stands out to me. So to see someone get hired that has a general discharge would seem to beat some heavy odds.

You really gotta screw up to get a General Discharge. . .

klhoard said:
You really gotta screw up to get a General Discharge. . .

In this case the operative word is "screw".

I know several men that have been hired with DUIs as well as a history of spousal abuse in their past. What's the difference? Some people are able to overcome their pasts, be humble in an interview and explain what they learned from their mistakes.

I think DUIs and spousal abuse convictions are much more heinous than what this UPS new hire did.

The USAF's top lawyer had a 10-15 year long period of sleeping with subordinates and is allowed to retire with O-6 pay. What Whoops I shouldn't have brought up the name again! did does not even compare and she got a General Discharge. The USAF made her a scapegoat and she certainly paid her 'fine'. I am certain UPS took a hard look at the facts and I applaud her for moving on.

fr8doggie said:
In this case the operative word is "screw".
ROFLMAO!!!. . . .
I responded to this thread before I read the original and knew who we were talking about.
I guess the whole book deal didn't work out. . .

Latest resources

Back