UPS new hire Part II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Av8or,

Really thats what its all about. Looking out for each other. PILOTS!!! We all need as much help as we can get from eachother these days with all that has happened to us as a profession of late... Cya

Keepin it real...
BBDC8

I worked for UPS in college tossing boxes.....

I had an Honorable Discharge (VD?). They were SOOO a nal during the app process, I was tracking down refs, diplomas and numerous other tidbits it seemed like forever, TO TOSS BOXES. At the time, we were told NO MOVING VIOLATIONS, PERIOD, if you wanted to drive the brown truck. SIMPLY TO TOSS BOXES! As for pilots, I can't imagine UPS has LOWER ethical standards than those who TOSS BOXES! I can only think that a Discharge LESS than Honorable only is a symptom of a bigger problem, INTEGRITY! Now I am all for remaking ones self after a mistake, but anyone who knows the story also knows its more than a little "mistake" A little mistake is forgetting to put a stamp on a letter or putting vodka in a martini, instead of Bombay Saphire. This persons case was notorious to those of us on active duty at the time, Fug up, disobay a DIRECT ORDER, continue a pattern of wacky and immature behavior, then whine in public to pressure the AF to not throw them in the klink. Not exacly a DUI, is it? Standards? We don't need no stinking standards. I only hope UPS is so accomidating to people who may have had MUCH less mistakes on active duty, but couldn't get on 60 Minutes to pressure Uncle Sam for a better judicial outcome! This stinks to high heaven, but as its been stated beforelife ain't fair.....even is your standards are higher than someone elses! Remember; Reputation is what people think of you, INTEGRITY is what you have when no one is around.......cherish it...

Last edited:
I just wonder how happy the UPS Wives Club is with this news. . .

Hmmph. . . no answer for that one, eh?

Oh for crying out loud!

Look, I've been a huge critic of "she who must not be named" in the past. (Having served honorably and followed the rules without the benefit of a zoo education and commision, I resented somebody who didn't hold up their "end of the bargin".)

I read her self-serving book and could not believe somebody could be so dishonest with herself and the Air Force.

But here's the deal guys: SHE PAID FOR HER MISTAKES. She lost what could have been a fantastic career over her behavior. Instead of feeling sorry for herself and fading into obscurity, she pulled herself up by her bootstraps and worked her way into the civilian side of things. Got hired, upgraded, apparently did a great job. Now a bunch of you guys think she should continue to be punished because you don't think it's FAIR that she got the nod?

Are you guys honestly going to tell me we should be judging the merit of somebody we've never even met or flown with getting a job solely on the fact she made some stupid mistakes ten years ago that she already paid for with her career?

Good Luck to "she-who-must-not-be-named". I hope she has a great career at UPS.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back