Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on folks!

Alright, what gives?

I'm gone for a couple of days and we have only had 3 or so poolies here called for meds? Who of you out there are holding out on us? It's good to hear that 21 folks will be enjoying the fruits of their labors down in SDF! Congrats to you all. Now, the rest of you, if you have gotten a phone call, let us know! Stop hiding! Have fun, you June guys! We'll see you there real soon! (I hope!)

O.K. Time to go make the donuts. :)

1800 RVR

I know a dude that interviewed Mar 23 and was called for the med on May 17th. What I don't understand is why another friend that interviewed Feb 14th, hasn't been called if the pool is being drained.

AI

Okay,

Husband retiring from Air Force in September. Called for medical this week. Class pending outcome of Doctor visit. Interviewed middle of March and recieved pool notice on April 1st.

Wife

Another June Class!

My friend who started class this week said that there is a second class for June starting on the 27th. I can't be 100% sure on this, but it gives me some hope. Good luck fellow poolies!

AmericanIdiot said:
What I don't understand is why another friend that interviewed Feb 14th, hasn't been called if the pool is being drained.

AI

The UPS pool is not FIFO (first in first out). It’s a competitive pool with a scoring system.

No one really knows how the scores are generated (outside of management) so it’s not uncommon to have others pass you by for a class even though they interviewed at a later date.

Roger

RogerOver said:
The UPS pool is not FIFO (first in first out). It’s a competitive pool with a scoring system.

No one really knows how the scores are generated (outside of management) so it’s not uncommon to have others pass you by for a class even though they interviewed at a later date.

Roger

I'm not sure if you've followed this entire thread or any of my other posts, but we all know about the competitive pool. My point is, it appeared that he pool was being drained on a FIFO basis due to the '01 and Nov '04 poolies being called for the Jun class. Apparently, it may not be draining in a FIFO fashion. At this point, I'm not really sure anybody on this board knows what is going on in HR. If anybody knows how the pool is being drained, please let us know the real deal.
AI

AmericanIdiot said:
I'm not sure if you've followed this entire thread or any of my other posts, but we all know about the competitive pool. My point is, it appeared that he pool was being drained on a FIFO basis due to the '01 and Nov '04 poolies being called for the Jun class. Apparently, it may not be draining in a FIFO fashion. At this point, I'm not really sure anybody on this board knows what is going on in HR. If anybody knows how the pool is being drained, please let us know the real deal.
AI
I’ve followed the thread, I’m just not sure I’m following you.

How can poolies being called for the June class -- which is the 10th or 11th class since UPS resumed pilot hiring -- who interviewed prior to 9/11, in late ’04 and March/April of ’05 be construed as “it appeared that the pool was being drained on a FIFO basis due to the '01 and Nov '04 poolies being called for the June class?”

If that were true, wouldn’t it stand to reason that all of the pre 9/11 and late Nov ’04 poolies would have been called long ago?

It seems contradictory to assume that the competitive pool is being drained FIFO.

RO

Of the FO slots for the June 13 class I was told 3 are international with one being in ONT. See you on the 13th.

Food for Thought

Congrats on the folks headed for the june class. Just some info on how the F/O slots were handed out in our class. F/O slots (at least with our class) were offered based on seniority which is defined as age. Starting with the oldest member of the class, we were called (prior to class start date) and asked if we would like to be considered for an F/O slot. Believe it or not, the oldest 14 guys took the 75 & 727 F/O slots. Again nothing official until day 1.

Having said that, I would've flown a brown kite if it ment having a line number.

Again congrats to all and I hope the pool drains quickly

Advice for 757 FOs

For all the 757 FOs, if you can get your hands on the memory items/limitations and the "oral prep guide" from your buds at the company, get a jump on it. The first week is all intro and I wish I'd used it to study! After that first week everything is a blur! It's not easy learning 3 planes at once. The systems are largely self taught CBTs so if you can get ahead it will pay off big time in Weeks 3-4.

Looking forward to seeing you guys! Best of luck to those of you waiting.

Latest resources

Back