UPS June class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BIGBROWNDC8 said:
3. And last but not least, forget about UPS. Hope and pray that one day they call...
This really is good advice, although I realize it’s easier said than done. I was in the pool for 3.5 years (albeit UPS had stopped hiring for a large chunk of that). One thing I learned during that time is you have to move forward with your life. If you spend every moment festering about when you’ll be called, you’ll drive yourself crazy.

I took the attitude that “everything happens for a reason.” In the end, instead of getting hired at the end of a boom in ’01, I got on at the beginning of a hiring cycle in late ’04. I realize I’ve lost 3.5 years longevity, but the guys I watched pass me by for class in ’01 are only 50ish numbers senior to me…and many of them went through several displacements.

Obviously a first-in-first-out pool would be preferable, but for the time being that’s not how it is. Take it from someone who waited several years to get an interview, sat in the pool for 3.5 years and then had to had to interview again…good things come to those who wait.

Rory

Roy,

After hearing your story, I'm going to stop complaining! I'm happy to hear it finally happened for you.

Good luck all you fellow poolies. Hope to see you in June!

Offer contingent on the medical

It must be true that UPS intends to drain the pool. I did not think that I was anything special and had consigned myself to a long swim, but was fortunate to recieve a call late this week with an offer contingent on the medical. Perhaps UPS made a lot of calls this week to bring a ray of hope to poolies?

No mention was made of potential class dates. No copies of background check paperwork have arrived here yet. I do not know what the future timeline may hold, but it was encouraging to receive a friendly phone call from the Bluegrass State!

Good luck to anyone pursuing service in a brown uniform.

Congrats Ernst!

Congrats on getting the call for the medical! That seems to be the magic sign. If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview and how long have you been in the pool?

As for others, who else out there might have gotten a call? Come on now, speak up! Congrats to all those that will hopefully be sitting in class soon!

1800 RVR

Just a quick Note, I have a friend that was in the pool Pre 9/11. Re-interviewed, placed in the pool again, and has finally gotten a call for the June Class date.

He's Finally getting his due.

Im excited that all the poolies will get this call over the next few months, However, I am also hoping that UPS will continue to interview and maintian a interview/pool status so that we can continue to hire past the original 300 number posted earlier
BBDC8

I too was fortunate to get the call for my medical. I got the call on Friday. Just like Ernst said, the offer is contingent upon passing the medical. No mention of class dates. Also, I haven't seen anything from the FAA concerning a records check.

Good luck to all, I hope you get the call soon.

Scott

I start class tomorrow. I still have not seen any records from the FAA. Don't look for that to be a sign of anything. Don't worry about the medical too much. I was in and out in one hour, including the paper work. Good luck.

BBDC8,

As I look over the past post I see you put this one in a little while ago on this section. It is "they will re-evaluate the poolies". Why re-evaluate? Is that like a re-interview, or are they looking over what plane to put you in?

LLB

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Just a quick Note, I have a friend that was in the pool Pre 9/11. Re-interviewed, placed in the pool again, and has finally gotten a call for the June Class date.

He's Finally getting his due.

Im excited that all the poolies will get this call over the next few months, However, I am also hoping that UPS will continue to interview and maintian a interview/pool status so that we can continue to hire past the original 300 number posted earlier
BBDC8

Sounds like some interviewees from '04 or '05 made it into class ahead of him. What a patient fellow. A five year wait for class. You could almost be a Captain at SWA in that time.

LittleLearBoy said:
BBDC8,

As I look over the past post I see you put this one in a little while ago on this section. It is "they will re-evaluate the poolies". Why re-evaluate? Is that like a re-interview, or are they looking over what plane to put you in?

LLB

Pre 9/11 poolies were in it so long UPS decided to reinterview. The theory, I think, was the individual might not be aviation oriented anymore and might need to be booted. A little harsh I think. If you can show were flying I think you shouldn't have to reinterview.

But....Every pool letter states you are 'continuing on in the application process'. Those just a couple of weeks from starting at UAL and AA were flushed out of their pool entirely.

Latest resources

Back