• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1800 RVR

Sitting reserve...
Howdy all!

I know it is still just over a month to go, but has anyone been called lately for medicals for the June class? I don't know what impact the latest news of defectors from ground school will be upon us poolies ( :mad: ), but maybe there is some good news out there. So what say ye, fellow poolies? Anyone?

Splashin' around...

1800 RVR :D

I'm hoping and praying for the June class too. I know a guy in the May 16th class, and they called him about three weeks prior for the physical.

I would expect a call for the June class in the next two weeks. Good Luck.

Just some extra info

Thought you might like to know, heard the June class will be made up of mainly 757 F/O slots. Just finished 757 training and counting my blessings everyday.

Good luck Guys

Hangin' in there...

Yeah, when I started this thread I knew it was pretty early for calls, considering that class was over a month away. But, you never know; calls could go out at any time. I agree with you, bohnzai - your estimate seems pretty logical, given previous posts.

Along the lines of the UPS Poolies thread, it seems weird that since the last batch of pool letters, NO ONE has posted anything about interviewing, letters, etc. It would be interesting to see if interviews were continuing full force in Aprill and this first week of May.

All I can say is that we will have about 18 (don't quote me, this was from previous info) happy folks that will begin a job of a lifetime come June 13. Good luck to us all, and let the calls start flowing!

1800 RVR :)

I know of someone that interviewed the second week of April and has not heard anything one way or the other as of yet. This week marks the 4 week point.

Tarheel if what you said is true about the 757, I too would love to get into that class. I am flying the 75/76 right now. Mostly the 767 international. The 757 is a great plane to fly. It is a rocket ship when you are emtpy/light on gas.

But with my luck and that is since I want it, I will not get it!!! Look like I have to increase the "please call me today prayers"

Just got off a trip and I saw one of the guys who does interviews. I had metioned to him that I had noticed that we weren't interviewing many pilots this week (7 total, 2 for Management positions). He informed me that the pool has a suffecient number of pilots in it to fill future class dates. I asked him directly if he thought that the poolies would get used and he said YES!!! He said that the members in the pool need to be patient and that sooner or later they will re-evaluate the poolies for future class dates based upon scheduling demands...

Hope this helps...

BBDC8

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Just got off a trip and I saw one of the guys who does interviews. I had metioned to him that I had noticed that we weren't interviewing many pilots this week (7 total, 2 for Management positions). He informed me that the pool has a suffecient number of pilots in it to fill future class dates. I asked him directly if he thought that the poolies would get used and he said YES!!! He said that the members in the pool need to be patient and that sooner or later they will re-evaluate the poolies for future class dates based upon scheduling demands...

Hope this helps...

BBDC8

BBDC8,

Thanks to you and all the other Boys in Brown that take the time to make informative posts like this. I know they aren't "official", but hearing from guys on the inside helps us poolies keep our sanity.

Thanks

Hawg

Latest resources

Back