UPS June class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tarheel said:
Thought you might like to know, heard the June class will be made up of mainly 757 F/O slots. Just finished 757 training and counting my blessings everyday.

Good luck Guys

Are you in the Z?

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Just got off a trip and I saw one of the guys who does interviews. I had metioned to him that I had noticed that we weren't interviewing many pilots this week (7 total, 2 for Management positions). He informed me that the pool has a suffecient number of pilots in it to fill future class dates. I asked him directly if he thought that the poolies would get used and he said YES!!! He said that the members in the pool need to be patient and that sooner or later they will re-evaluate the poolies for future class dates based upon scheduling demands...

Hope this helps...

BBDC8

Sorry to see we are still hiring managers, but that will be great news about the pool if it comes true. It is a sin what they are doing to those guys.

Do any new hires ever get ONT or MIA? Or is SDF a pretty safe assumption regardless of equipment assigned?

767pilot
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Thought you might like to know, heard the June class will be made up of mainly 757 F/O slots. Just finished 757 training and counting my blessings everyday.

Good luck Guys

Are you in the Z?

No, I'm on the domestic side. All 757s in my class(10) were domestic.

Clownhater
Do any new hires ever get ONT or MIA? Or is SDF a pretty safe assumption regardless of equipment assigned?

Actually, there were, (I think 3) Z (international-Ontario) assignments to new hires in the 757 class directly behind ours. It's just the luck of the draw. You will find out on day 1 of class. Currently, new hires are seat and domicile locked for first year. Folks in our class who want a z ride or different domicile already have placed a bid for change of venue. So to answer your question, yes MIA, ONT are all possiblities for new hires. We also had 727 and DC8 assignments in our class, all to SDF.

Hope this helps and I hope the pool drains fast

Tarheel said:
Actually, there were, (I think 3) Z (international-Ontario) assignments to new hires in the 757 class directly behind ours.
Just to be clear, the Z domicile (international) and the Ontario domicile are not one-in-the-same.

MIA and ONT

We had 6 international and 7 domestic in our class (all 757FOs). We have a couple people interested in MIA, but I got the impression they wouldn't get there anytime soon. All our internationals are SDFZ. I'm told ONT is pretty senior.

I am happy to read the posts about the people in the pool getting out soon. I just wonder how much truth is to it? I was thinking how many people who are in the pool are still waiting? I wonder how management will feel when they call these people for class and they respone with, "Too late UPS, I went to whoever instead" I mean come on UPS, just call them all, and whoever is left put them in class!!! You took the time to interview them and place them in the pool, now stop playing these games and "lets get it on". (UFC, what a great sport!) Pull these people out of the pool first and then the others that are hired come to class as the rest of the working world does it. First interviewed, first in class!! How hard is that??

JUST PUT THEM IN CLASS UPS!!!

Yank McCobb said:
I know of someone that interviewed the second week of April and has not heard anything one way or the other as of yet. This week marks the 4 week point.

For me it took 6 weeks to get the letter and a buddy of mine it took 7 weeks. He starts class next week, and for me, who knows?

Ive posted this before, but Ill do it agian. If your in UPS's pool, Thats great!!! However, that doesn't garentee you a job at big brown, sucks I know, but that part of frustration that goes with working at a "Trucking company"

If waiting in the pool for the call from UPS, I suggest doing this:

1. Id Keep doing what you were doing before you got the interview at UPS, make yourself as competitive as you can.

2. Work on better LOR's from a Sr management person that is willing to get on the phone and make things happen for you. (dont know if it would work, but it seems that the Management guys can make things happen quicker)

3. And last but not least, forget about UPS. Hope and pray that one day they call... That way you dont drive yourself crazy waiting on UPS to call... If you remain competitive and possibly get another job somewhere else, It will suck for UPS and I hate the fact that you might not get to work here, but who knows, maybe in the long run UPS will learn the value of commitment to pilots. Also it will give you more choices when the time comes to make the best decision for your families.

Not trying to discourage anyone, I hope you all get hired here, I just hate to see everyone beating themselves up trying to figure out what the heck UPS is doing with their poolies.

Good luck

BBDC8

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back