UPS July Class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Second July class

I can't confirm this for sure, but there might be another July class on the 25th. This is according to a buddy who interviewed this week. Keep the faith my fellow pool pals!

Latest Hiring Info

If you're a poolie ... I'd get your bags packed!

Info from:

http://forums.airlinepilotcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1336#post1336

July 7th class:

MD11: 2
727 FO: 2
727 SO: 4

This is the first class with new-hires going to the MD11. A second July class is "very possible," with the final decision coming soon.

The pool is confirmed being drained. "We will hire from the pool." Interviews per week have gone down from 16 to about 12.

It was noted that if they could hire more, they would. About 25/mo. max is what training can put through.

UPS is also looking for management pilots. Requirements are the same except for the 4,000 TT.

7,000 apps are in their database, including those that do not meet their minimum times.

Tickle me pink!

I saw this on the other message board, but I see that you all have beat me to it. I think this is absolutely FANTASTIC news!!!!! It is nice to see more concrete moves of emptying the pool. My bags are packed - just give me a sign! If fact, FREE ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! Let us all dry off! May we continue our soul searching journeys toward SDF. ;)

1800 RVR

1800 RVR said:
It's ok to poke fun at us, flybwoy; hell, my wife thinks I'm the biggest dork on the face of the earth! But, you know what, if that means that I am happy to be in the pool and I act all crazy, so be it! ;) I can't wait to start! Anything to pass the time, you know. Some might see your comments as derogatory, but I see them as jovial and poking fun at us poolies. I can take it! :D Thank you sir, may I have another!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you someday...

1800 RVR

I'm glad some of you have a sense of humor!!

zonker said:
You'll be waiting for a long time, because they wouldn't let "flybwoy" anywhere near a UPS jet. He's just another in a long line of wanna-be putz trolls like Dave Siegal, IHaveAPension, lowecur, etc. etc. etc.

Actually Sir, I have been with UPS since 01!

BIGBROWNDC8 said:
Sounds like someone (flybwoy) forgot what it was like to be waiting on the "Call"

AHH, NO BigBrownDC8, I have not forgoten what it was like to be waiting on the phone call. As a matter of fact, I went for the physical the same day I interviewed. What does that tell you!!:D However, If I did have to wait long for a phone call, I wouldn't be on this board daily like I'm in some Shakesperian play crying "Beesech me, Beseech me UPS"! THat's just me.:cool:

Last edited:
Hey FlyBwoy,

Just so you know, I was the first one to tell all these poolies that if they wanted to keep themselves from going crazy that they first thing they should do is forget about UPS. The call will eventually come. However, making fun of them for keeping eachother excited and motivated through these messege boards seems like a healthy thing to do. As far as your story, Im not sure what it is suppose to tell me... Let me see if I got the details right, you did your Physical the same day you interviewed, Thats very impressive, congrates to you... (Im taking a long shot here but I flew in the military too) For me, 3 weeks from interview to sitting in class. Longest (1) week of my life waiting on the call for the class date. I consider myself lucky...

Good luck to all the poolies out there, hope to see some of you on the DC8 in the back seat...

BBDC8

Has anyone heard for sure what class dates UPS will have after the 7 July class? Also, how does UPS determine which aircraft you will train in? Thanks.

Gucciboy

Latest resources

Back