• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Furloughs Begin This Weekend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just like we can all thank Delta for caving on weak ass SCOPE in exchange for pay and pension in that industry leading contract 2000. Now that can has been opened for good. Way to go!

Funny how that top pay and pension went away but scope got even worse. I'm sure all those ASA and Comair guys who rode the wave thank you though. I'm sure those 1,000 or so furloughed mainline guys don't.

RJs and codeshare has cost far more mainline jobs than age 65 dude. Thank yourself for that.

Well said!
Except for the part where rj pilots rode the wave as if a majority were at all happy about it. They all have their 10% lifers- but the vast majority of rj drivers want to be mainline pilots for the job security- most are full aware there is NO security and NO leverage in the rj world- it was a sell out for all except the very senior who got the equivalent of a promise and a biscuit in return for it.

Legacy= sellout
DAL has been the worst- there seems to be new blood that has been educating the clueless- so I'll hope they do- and support efforts to get branded flying on one list- seniority just doesn't work all split up like that

Just like we can all thank Delta for caving on weak ass SCOPE in exchange for pay and pension in that industry leading contract 2000. Now that can has been opened for good. Way to go!
You're welcome for that industry leading contract, however, thanks to scum sucking contracts like swa we were forced under bankruptcy protection to work more hours for less pay like the pilots at swa!

Funny how that top pay and pension went away but scope got even worse. I'm sure all those ASA and Comair guys who rode the wave thank you though. I'm sure those 1,000 or so furloughed mainline guys don't.
And who has people on furlough now? Who's in the hiring mode now?
More rj's being parked and growth flying at mainline. Hey, speaking of furlough, looks like swa will be in shrink mode in the fall, what are your plans for furlough?

RJs and codeshare has cost far more mainline jobs than age 65 dude. Thank yourself for that.
Really, how's that upgrade looking for you at swa now? 18, 19 years?
Thanks to swapa for being the catalyst. Looks like when you're furloughed you can count on that same kind of super seniority treatment from your very senior pilots. Good luck.

Wait, are you really talking about time to upgrade for SW? Don't you have nearly 13000 pilots? How long do you think it will take a newhire there to reach CN? Very funny....

box

What is the date of hirer for the pilots being effected?
Sorry to all you guys. I would not wish this on my worst enemy

What is the date of hirer for the pilots being effected?
Sorry to all you guys. I would not wish this on my worst enemy

This is approximate: (300 total furloughs planned)

The first 170 to be furloughed are 2007 hires. They will be furloughed from may -nov 2010. The first 54 (of the 170) were furloughed yesterday (may 23)

The next 130 to be furloughed are 2006 hires. They are scheduled to be furloughed in the first few months of 2011.

The last class of new hires was Nov 2007.

Scope,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you guys went into bankruptcy do to piss poor management. Had absolutely nothing to do with Southwest. Get real.

Thanks for over 750 RJ's under the Delta banner.

RF

I know of guys that went to UPS thinking they were safe at a cargo company. What a shame.

... guess we can blame age 65, scope relief, bankruptcy courts, low cost airlines, stupid consumers, and deregulation.

... guess we can blame age 65, scope relief, bankruptcy courts, low cost airlines, stupid consumers, and deregulation.
Ah, yes, the blame game. Notice how some pilots are so quick to blame other airlines for every bad thing? We're not longshoremen and we'll never have that kind of unity because we fly for competing airlines. (And the One Seniority List concept is a pipe-dream.)

But most importantly your list above missed two: the economy and the Railway Labor Act. When times are good little else seems to matter. And with the power the RLA gives management our bargaining power will always be weak.

Until the oft-predicted pilot shortage finally arrives five to ten years from now little will improve for us.

And your PFT (Pay for Training) hasn't hurt the industry? You also don't have a pension, even though your company could afford it (didn't lose it in BK). Come down off of your high horse you loser, and go back to your 5 leg day through Texas. (BORING)

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is approximate: (300 total furloughs planned)

The first 170 to be furloughed are 2007 hires. They will be furloughed from may -nov 2010. The first 54 (of the 170) were furloughed yesterday (may 23)

The next 130 to be furloughed are 2006 hires. They are scheduled to be furloughed in the first few months of 2011.

The last class of new hires was Nov 2007.

Are these guys all ANC based 744 and MD11FOs?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back