• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Furloughs Begin This Weekend

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can thank the southwest pilots for kicking off the support of age 65!

Well, yes and no. True our union pushed hard for it, but in the big scheme of things SWAPA is not nearly the power on the hill they think they are. Everyone patting PE on the back and calling him "Saint Paul" when his efforts were largely useless. Pathetic.

I just hope SWAPA fights as hard for the FO's has they did for the senior guys.

explanation? ??

Age 65 even misses the mark....The pilots at UPS really don't need to be fighting themselves right now- how many millions did UPS make last year? Sorry- but furloughs at a company that profitable is incredible.

2009 profit of 2.2 Billion........with a B!
A sad day.

Sorry to all of you getting furloughed. Did UPS give any recall forecast? Good luck! Being furloughed sucks! Welcome to a bit of Hell on Earth. :uzi:

You can thank the southwest pilots for kicking off the support of age 65!

Just like we can all thank Delta for caving on weak ass SCOPE in exchange for pay and pension in that industry leading contract 2000. Now that can has been opened for good. Way to go!

Funny how that top pay and pension went away but scope got even worse. I'm sure all those ASA and Comair guys who rode the wave thank you though. I'm sure those 1,000 or so furloughed mainline guys don't.

RJs and codeshare has cost far more mainline jobs than age 65 dude. Thank yourself for that.

I think UPS and NetJets might be sister companies. "Voluntary concessions. OK, nice work guys, no furloughs". (Fast forward a few months) "Remember that no furloughs stuff? Yeah... Sorry about that......".

Latest resources

Back