UPS "Cancels" Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetblue

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "your minimum staffing concerns." It wasn't the pilot group or the union that had anything to do with Challenge Air. It was the Company. And if you know anything at all about UPS you know that UPS is Management and all we are is labor in their eyes.

I believe your dart was directed at the wrong people. Why not chuck it at Atlanta?

BrownTailGuy said:
Jetblue

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "your minimum staffing concerns." It wasn't the pilot group or the union that had anything to do with Challenge Air. It was the Company. And if you know anything at all about UPS you know that UPS is Management and all we are is labor in their eyes.

I believe your dart was directed at the wrong people. Why not chuck it at Atlanta?

No you are right, it was the Pilot Group that walked our picket line when they were Teamsters and then stated "Challenge Who" when you bought our "routes" and tossed us aside. Thats OK though. It was Management right? Of course you don't know anything about it.

Third
For the challenge air cargo remark. The company did not buy Challenge Air Cargo. They bought the routes. I know nothing about that deal. However if you want to work at UPS interview and get the job like everyone else. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd rather not, but thanks for the offer.

And you are right, they only bought the routes. I thought you knew nothing about the deal. How are the routes working out for you guys, by the way? Good I hope. I only flew them for 12 years on the B757, and then got the axe. Shame on me for not applying to UPS.

Yeah the pilot group all chipped in to buy your routes and decided to put you guys on the street. Now I know where our union dues go. To put smaller outfits out of business.

That sounds like us.

Management had nothing to do with it.

Armyjets

Haven't heard anything yet from HR as the letter came out yesterday. I am sure that someone will be calling them soon to see if there is any validity to what the company said. And when that happens we will post it ASAP.

BrownTailGuy said:
Yeah the pilot group all chipped in to buy your routes and decided to put you guys on the street. Now I know where our union dues go. To put smaller outfits out of business.

That sounds like us.

Management had nothing to do with it.

Yep, just what I thought. Have a nice flight Mel

Are all the pilots at Jet Blue as sour as you. I would hate to fly with a pilot that feels that life owes him something and to be so blue all the time. Things happen for a reason and maybe if you looked hard enough you will see the purpose of what happen. After all my friends say Jet Blue is a great company to fly for, so let the past be and live in the present and have fun.

Fly Safe

:cool:

H25BCPTN said:
Are all the pilots at Jet Blue as sour as you. I would hate to fly with a pilot that feels that life owes him something and to be so blue all the time. Things happen for a reason and maybe if you looked hard enough you will see the purpose of what happen. After all my friends say Jet Blue is a great company to fly for, so let the past be and live in the present and have fun.

Fly Safe

Sorry if it sounds as if I was sour. Fact is, I was, but you are 100% correct in saying that there was a reason that it happened that way, and I AM happy at JB (like you'd never know). In fact, in my case, the timing was perfect. I got thrown off of a burning ship into a rose garden. I don't have to look hard to see that.

The thing that irk'd me is that we (the CAC Boys) had worked there for 15+ years and then Big Brown came along and, in a nutshell, ended our career's there. I don't think that is hard to understand especially in these times. Plus, just 2 months ago I finally got a ruling from an Arbitrator (after more than 3 years) that the one years salary that UPS/CAC agreed by contract to pay us severed ones is not going to happen. But, thats another story.

But, to answer your other question: No, not many JB guys are sour. And, I am just sour this week because of my hearing news. I'll get over it.

End of thread.

Take care.

airlines

The fact is that there were a number of airlines that had made the UPS system the "tightest ship in shipping industry" or whatever that catch phrase was.

Evergreen and Orion etc. Those people were for the most part given the choice of going with UPS and or staying where they were. Those that got the call from UPS were quite happy to have the job there.

The reason I posed those questions is that there are issues and reasons effecting this group that are singularly theirs. UPS is a unique company and even different than FEDEX. Those that put UPS in the airline category ignore the true nature of the beast and the fact is that their industry is a rather small group.

If anything, the industry group would include maybe FEDEX, Evergreen, Express.net, and those doing the Burlington and Emery flying.

Another thing that I always found interesting was that in the early years everyone is consumed with building time and in the later years, all seem concerned with how much time off they can garner rather than what is a fair amount of time on.

In case you have not been reading much lately Timerider, the inudustry seems more to be coming to you than the other way around.

Latest resources

Back