• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Updated AA D6U (Unlimited) J/S list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since those of us that still have an AWA badge technically work for US Airways now, will we be allowed unlimited jumpseats?

Saabslime said:
Since those of us that still have an AWA badge technically work for US Airways now, will we be allowed unlimited jumpseats?

Not just yet, because as long as AWA and US are still operated as two seperate airlines, that means that they are seperate in SABRE as well... so the agents will list you with whatever airline you have on your badge. Once they operate jointly as USAirways, then you'll be unlimited.

AA73

Why is it that every fifth flight I do, I have an AA jumpseater on the plane? I certainly hope not adding UPS to your list was an oversight.

aa73 said:
Not just yet, because as long as AWA and US are still operated as two seperate airlines, that means that they are seperate in SABRE as well... so the agents will list you with whatever airline you have on your badge. Once they operate jointly as USAirways, then you'll be unlimited.

I still think it's amazing that AWA isn't on the list considering AWA has offered unlimited jumpseats to AA pilots since the early 1980's.

We are trying to get an agreement with you guys but your management seems to think that we don't offer much of a benefit to your pilots.

We sure seem to carry a lot of you guys from PHX-LAX and PHX-SFO, as well as PHX-DFW. On our PHX-LAX/SFO flights, many times we carry multiple AA guys.

I guess your management doesn't think this is much of a benefit.

Good thing you have Air Midwest on your list because I'm sure they provide a huge benefit to the AA pilot group.

Unbelievable.

Brown Cow and Catcus73,

Please, please refrain from attacking me regarding our policies. Both of you must understand that AA even ALLOWING unlimited jumpseats shocked us all when they announced it. AA has never been at the cutting edge of friendly non-revving. The fact that they are starting to about face is a huge improvement.

Unfortunately, such improvement from such a massive ship as AA takes time. For that reason, I have CONSISTENTLY posted that adding new airlines to our Unlimited list is taking quite a while. It seems like they add a few new airlines every six months or so.

I know that since I regularly post new updates, many pilots believe that I am the one responsible. I'm not. If I had it my way, we would immediately go unlimited for everyone, "a la UAL." All I do is email our jumpseat chairman with suggestions and ask for updates - and while I'm on the line, I try and provide a hassle-free pleasurable journey for all of our jumpseaters. That's all I can do.

The mantra I've been told over and over again by our jumpseat chairman is that: Every airline that gives us unlimited jumpseats will eventually be added to our own unlimited list. If you do a search over the past year on all of my update posts, you'll see that about every six months, we indeed add airlines to the list. Using that logic I fully expect UPS, and all others that give us unlimited, to be added to our unlimited list eventually. Unfortunately, they probably won't add AWA because it will be USAirways soon.

However - AWA pilots - thank you for the rides you've given our guys. I know we give your guys rides all the time too - Ijust wish we could've been unlimited from the get go.

Likewise, to all pilots that help our guys get to work - thank you as well.

Again, we are all impressed that our own "Sky Nazi" airline is slowly starting to come around.

Last edited:
Brown Cow said:
AA73

Why is it that every fifth flight I do, I have an AA jumpseater on the plane? I certainly hope not adding UPS to your list was an oversight.

Brown Cow,

If you mean that UPS is not on our J/S list, that's incorrect. UPS is on our list, always has been - however they are not unlimited (D6U) - yet.

Furloughed pilots can't even get a ride in the back.

AA73,

I wasn't attacking you. I was just pointing out your managements failure to add us to your list.

We will probably have AWA ID's through most of 06. It would be nice to get unlimited.

I talked to our j/s coordinator and they have had a few discussions with your management and they have stated that we just aren't enough of a benefit to the AA pilots.

We will continue to offer unlimited seats and are more than happy to get AA guys home.

We just want a little reciprocal in the agreement.

Cactus73 said:
AA73,

I wasn't attacking you. I was just pointing out your managements failure to add us to your list.

We will probably have AWA ID's through most of 06. It would be nice to get unlimited.

I talked to our j/s coordinator and they have had a few discussions with your management and they have stated that we just aren't enough of a benefit to the AA pilots.

We will continue to offer unlimited seats and are more than happy to get AA guys home.

We just want a little reciprocal in the agreement.

If that's indeed what they told you - and I would be highly surprised if they used that exact phraseology - then it was completely out of line. ANY airline that helps get our pilots to work is MORE than enough of a benefit.

I will send an email to our j/s chairman regarding this issue. I would like nothing more than our airline to reciprocate. I'm truly sorry we haven't yet.

Sorry, my misunderstanding AA73. Thanks, your gang has been a big help in the past. However, I also have a question about the international side. What seems to be the problem there? Why can't you take us, ie. to Mexico, Canada, Europe? Is there something wrong on our end?

BC

Latest resources

Back