• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Up coming AirTran interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was looking at the list of those to be called for an interview and a large chunk (25% I think) had AirInc listed (vs online app, rec, etc). There were some guys that got interviewed on the spot but not in my class.

Don't know if this still holds but I'm sure it couldn't hurt.

If you have a heartbeat and appear to have no balls at all, they will hire you. They are looking for pu$$ys that will sign off on a POS TA. Good luck!

Congrats!! ASA was a great experience and I know you will have fond memories (and a few nightmares!) but glad to hear you are moving on.

cheers-rum

Hey, you are what you eat!

No! I disagree. You don't know when this individual got his job. Could it be that he got it right after 911 when none could get a job anywhere? AAI was a darling then, given that they were among a few to still be hiring.

Do you honestly think that AAI is the only airline that evaluates its candidates in this manner? I'll bet you that atleast half of them hire with that in mind. CEO's would love nothing more than to get an army of Koolaid drinkers to fly their airplanes. Cause the less they pay you, the bigger their bonuses get. It all boils down to dollars and cents.

You got it Minime, a whole different set of standards today (lower that is). I may be abrasive, but it would be great to see this group act like major airline pilots, not giddy little children who's expectations where met when they were hired out of the right seat of a turboprop. But these are the types they would like to hire to solidify this group as spineless. Direct from Embry Riddle ideally. Another bad TA, big bonuses, no unity, etc. It all boils down to $$$. How much of it we grab is up to us.

You got it Minime, a whole different set of standards today (lower that is). I may be abrasive, but it would be great to see this group act like major airline pilots, not giddy little children who's expectations where met when they were hired out of the right seat of a turboprop. But these are the types they would like to hire to solidify this group as spineless. Direct from Embry Riddle ideally. Another bad TA, big bonuses, no unity, etc. It all boils down to $$$. How much of it we grab is up to us.

The interview was very easy. It was all tell me about yourself type questions. Give me a good customer service story. Give me a time when a flight started out bad and ended up good. Absolutely no pressure. 2 pilots and 1 HR person. They don't want any canned answers, that's for sure. If you can convince them this is the place you want to retire at, you should get a call very soon. To live locally, and have a 4+ year upgrade, I'm here for the long haul.

If it was so easy why did you have to do it twice?!

Good luck to you over at da Tranny :)

Tell Sara in HR Shrek said hi.........she is a sweetheart.

Latest resources

Back